Monday, March 1, 2010

The Princess Room Pt. ? I can't remember.

Disclaimer: these photos were taken on a very gray and dreary day. The colors are distorted due to the abundance of artificial light used. So, I was hoping that by announcing my plans to finish The Princess Room on the blog it would motivate me to actually finish the Princess Room.

Very rarely do things go according to plan. I still need to paint a small bookcase and two large picture frames and finish the top of the dresser. But I knew I couldn't not give you guys anything so here are some pics of the progress.
The white shelf that used to be over my t.v. is now over Princess' bed. It holds all her stuffed friends and now they don't end up all over her room anymore. Mama is happy.
This is her princess piggy bank and a peek at her curtains. I still have to line and hem them. That hasn't stopped me from going ahead and hanging them up though.
Her little pink jewelry box and a candy dish I swiped from McNana's* house when we were cleaning it out.
Her roses her daddy bought last Valentine's Day and some of my favorite baby pictures of her. And, yes, the flowers are real. I've kept them alive this long. ;-) The infamous red chair I had to decorate around. I do love going into her room and sitting in that chair. It's a great place to think. These flowers knobs are so cute and such a headache. Because of them, I now don't want to do my original plan for the top of the dresser so I'm back to the brainstorming phase of problem solving. And the bins from Target hold all her little shoes.
I promise to finish this room someday and then post pictures of the room as a whole for you to enjoy.
Bridget
*Both Hubs and my maternal grandmothers are known as Nana. To make it easier to know which Nana we are referring to we started calling Hub's Nana 'McNana' because her last name starts with Mc.

3 comments:

The Urbina Family said...

Love the room!!! Can't wait to see ALL the finished pictures :) You've still got such a talent with decorating!!

"Quotesy" said...

Love the room, as always!!!

Debbie Kulbeth said...

Sooooooooooo beautiful! Hope I get to see it tomorrow!:) You are so creative, hope it rubs off on me!