Monday, August 30, 2010

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Not Home Yet

Surely you can tell by the title that Bobo is not home yet.

The doctor wants to wait till he has the results of the cultures back so that he better knows which antibiotic to send Bobo home on.

Hopefully tomorrow.



Friday, August 27, 2010

Yuck and Ouch

Bobo is still in the hospital. He's doing great, the doctor just hasn't released him yet. The Wound Specialist came today and changed his packing and bandage. It didn't hurt as much as Bobo was scared. He was a champ though. They are gonna let me change it tomorrow while the nurses look on so I can feel more comfortable doing it at home.


I took a picture of the hole in his neck with my phone. If you want to see it then text me and I'll send it to you. =)

We did get to walk around outside today. Bobo really enjoyed getting some fresh air. Though, his daddy bought him a new nintendo game that has kept him quite occupied.

Hopefully he'll be coming home tomorrow.


Thursday, August 26, 2010

Post Op

Today went great.

Surgery was delayed because of an emergency surgery and a small town that only has one surgeon on duty today. And that's really not a big deal except Bobo couldn't have anything to eat or drink and we all know how uncomfortable that is. He handled it like a champ, though.

The procedure took about 20 minutes and by 2:00 he was back in his room eating some jell0.

However, now starts the hard part. The surgeon couldn't sew him up because the infection would just refester. So now we must keep the wound packed with antibacterial gauze-like stuff and change it occasionally.

Basically, yuck for mom and ouch for Bobo.

We don't know when he will be released but the longer he stays the less I have to change. So I'm in no hurry. =)

Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes.


*and we've decided to delay moving till next weekend.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Update on Bobo

Well, things haven't gone as hoped.

Tuesday morning Bobo woke up with the swelling in his neck increasing and discomfort when he swallowed. By 5:30 p.m. he was running a fever of 101.5. So off to the ER we went.

They admitted him. I spent the night at the hospital with him and around 6:00 this morning the surgeon came by. Surgery it is.

It is scheduled for some time tomorrow morning. We are still not sure how long he will have to remain in the hopsital after the procedure.

He is doing fine and is enjoying the attention. He seems to like hospital food and loves getting to read and play on his Nintendo as much as he wants. He has continued to have a low grade fever that spiked this afternoon only to 101.5 again so no biggie. His discomfort level has decreased and other than having to sleep at a thirty degree angle (to keep his neck elevated bc of the swelling) he is happy.

He keeps saying he is ready to be done with this and is therefore ok with the surgery. So are we.

Thanks in advance for your prayers.


Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Consultation Results

We saw the surgeon yesterday for Bobo's neck.

After having the CT scan last Wednesday and discovering the abscess, our family doctor prescribed a stronger antibiotic. We quit the amoxicillan and started cephalexin on Thursday. Since then Bobo's neck has been returning to its normal size.

The surgeon thinks we should continue with the antibiotic and see if that can take care of this before we do any cutting.

RC and I (and Bobo) agree.

We are very pleased with this and are very hopeful that the antibiotic will take care of the problem. Please join us in praying it does so.


Sunday, August 22, 2010

Surgery and Packing

Our oldest, Bobo, has an abscess on the left side of his neck. It is swollen, causes him to hold his head funny, and makes his neck look all wonky.

He brought it to my attention last Friday while we were in Chicken Town. My mother and I went ahead and took him to the Quick Care Clinic so we could start an antibiotic because at that point it appeared to be just a very swollen lymph node. The PA that saw him did some blood work, gave a script for some amoxicillan, and told us to make sure and have it seen if it's not gone by Monday.

By Monday it was not gone, but actually bigger and more sore. So we scheduled an appointment for Tuesday. At the appointment on Tuesday we scheduled a CT scan for Wednesday. And by Wednesday afternoon we were scheduling a consultation with the surgeon for Monday. So by Monday afternoon we will know when the surgery will be.


In other news: I have discovered that I haven't been blogging much lately bc I have no desire to download pictures at all right now. It is so very time consuming. And I guess I had somehow flipped a switch in my brain that made me think I needed pictures with most posts. Well, that switch has been flipped yet again. I will now be updating with fewer pictures until I am once again in the mood to spend four hours of my life downloading pictures.

You are just gonna have to use your imagination, people.

And now we have come to the point in our journey when I must begin packing up my house. We are moving to Chicken Town next weekend. Wish me luck.


Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Big Changes

Last August RC and I went to a conference in Houston, TX. It was a small conference. About 150-200 people. But it was the most amazing thing we had experienced up to that point in our lives. The SOLE focus of the conference was JESUS CHRIST.

HE was the revelation we received that weekend.

And though things had been stirring in us leading up to this point, at this conference our hearts were captured in a way they had never been. And they were captured by a PERSON. Not a vision. Not a mindset. Not a model for things. But by a glorious, beautiful, amazing, marvelous, brilliant PERSON.


Suffice it to say, this past year has been pretty crazy. I know I haven't really shared any of it on this blog but that's because I don't yet feel able to. The words just won't come out of my head. It's possible we need to progress farther in this journey before we will fully understand everything. (If that's even possible.) But here is what I can tell you:

At the end of this month we are moving in with my parents in Chicken Town. Chicken Town is only 30 minutes away from The City where we found, just this past weekend, a group of people who have also been enraptured by our glorious JESUS CHRIST and desire, like us, to gather together under His headship. We hope to be able to move to The City within the next 3-6 months.

People think it's odd that we would move (particularly odd that we would be willing to move in with family) for 'church'. That's not one of the things that people move for unless it's some kind of cult or they're crazy or something. No, people move for much grander things than the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ, the Family of God, the House of God - like jobs - or earthly families - or beaches - or mountains.

It's not wrong to move for those things. Part of our decision to move to the The City instead of some other city where there are people gathering under the headship of Christ has to do with RC's career. But if RC's career was the main motivation, the deciding factor, then we would just stay right here in A-town. But it's not.

The Eternal Purpose of God encompassed in Jesus Christ in the earth today is our motivation.

And we are so unbelievably excited to begin this part of the journey.