Sunday, August 22, 2010

Surgery and Packing

Our oldest, Bobo, has an abscess on the left side of his neck. It is swollen, causes him to hold his head funny, and makes his neck look all wonky.

He brought it to my attention last Friday while we were in Chicken Town. My mother and I went ahead and took him to the Quick Care Clinic so we could start an antibiotic because at that point it appeared to be just a very swollen lymph node. The PA that saw him did some blood work, gave a script for some amoxicillan, and told us to make sure and have it seen if it's not gone by Monday.

By Monday it was not gone, but actually bigger and more sore. So we scheduled an appointment for Tuesday. At the appointment on Tuesday we scheduled a CT scan for Wednesday. And by Wednesday afternoon we were scheduling a consultation with the surgeon for Monday. So by Monday afternoon we will know when the surgery will be.

Yuck.

In other news: I have discovered that I haven't been blogging much lately bc I have no desire to download pictures at all right now. It is so very time consuming. And I guess I had somehow flipped a switch in my brain that made me think I needed pictures with most posts. Well, that switch has been flipped yet again. I will now be updating with fewer pictures until I am once again in the mood to spend four hours of my life downloading pictures.

You are just gonna have to use your imagination, people.

And now we have come to the point in our journey when I must begin packing up my house. We are moving to Chicken Town next weekend. Wish me luck.

Bridget

1 comment:

keep running said...

Goooood Luuuuckk!!! :)