Thursday, January 13, 2011

Naughty Cat


Yesterday was Bear's 10th birthday. He'll be here tomorrow to tell you all about it. What I'm here to tell you about is our cat.

Naughty, naughty cat.

Last night some friends came over to help us celebrate Bear's 10th year. As they were coming in the door, Millicent Pearl ran out.

Into the dark.

Into the dark wooded lot.

Into the dark, cold, wooded lot.

We spent some time looking for her with flashlights and we left the garage door open as long as we could.

I hoped for her safe return. Her previous owner had her as an indoor/outdoor cat so she was familiar with the outside. But we had her declawed one week after getting her and she has been indoors since. Plus, this is all new area and it was gonna be below freezing during the night.

Luckily, at 3:30 am Brenda heard meowing outside her bedroom window. After waking up enought to realize what it was, she opened the window and let Milli in. She also carried Milli (to help warm her up) out to the food and litter and made sure there was food and water.

When I woke this morning I was told that we only get one 3:30 am rescue. :) Next time, it's on us.

After loving on Milli for a bit (she was camped out on the couch) we went on about our business. Until Husband noticed her limping. And as I watched her I saw it too. An obvious limp on her back right leg.

Thinking she might have a splinter or thorn in her foot I picked her up to check things out. What I found instead was a gash about an inch and a half long.


We have doctored her up best we can and now are just waiting. She seems to be resting well enough. Hopefully nothing will get infected and she will be ok without having to involve the vet.

I keep telling her, "This is why we don't let you outside. I hope you've learned your lesson."

I'm sure she understands. The annoyed look on her face tells me so.

Bridget

1 comment:

Molly said...

Have you asked RC about the last cat he had? I'm beginning to sense a trend. I'm glad Milli is alright.