Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Slap a Buffalo

Last Weekend, after our garage sale, we headed to Chicken Town because we were going on vacation to Branson, MO with my parents. Between A-Town and Chicken Town is a Wildlife Refuge. When we aren't under a time crunch we like to drive through it because it is very beautiful and you just might see some wildlife. Imagine that.

About half way through we spotted this guy all by his lonesome. He was very friendly and didn't mind at all that I was taking his picture.

This photo gives you a better idea of how far he was from us. I would estimate about 20 feet or so.

As we drove on we came upon a herd. Now, this wasn't our first time to make friends with a herd of buffalo. And since we know their friends I figured they wouldn't mind us taking their picture either.

And, of course, they didn't. But while I was snapping pictures of friends of our friends, Husband started yelling at me.
I didn't like it.
So to shut him up I looked at what he was freaking out about and, lo and behold...

...I started freaking out to.

Yes, people, that's a buffalo headed straight for that suv.

Now, the people in the suv aren't stupid. They've started inching their way forward out of the path of the buffalo.

And then it all started to become clear. The buffalo has no desire to lick the people in the suv. (cause, you know, buffalos LOVE licking people in suvs.)
He just needed some help...
...from the speed limit sign...

...to reach that spot...

...right behind his shoulder...
...that wouldn't stop itching.
Ahhhh. That's the spot.
But now his friends in the suv are leaving.
Sad.
And he didn't even get to lick them. =(
When we told our friend, Tobias, about being super duper ridiculously close to a buffalo, he said...
Hehe. Should've slapped him.
Right.
Because that's what everyone does when they get close to a huge, wild animal.
SLAP!
Bridget

4 comments:

"Quotesy" said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahah!!! I love the way you told this story! Better off to "slap" him through the blogsphere then through your van window.

Anonymous said...

Quite the entertaining story, my wife!

Open the do; get on the flo!
Everybody slap the buffalo!

keep running said...

Yo! That's not a buffalo, I threw the buffalo on the ground!

Tobias Valdez said...

SLAP THE BUFFALO!!!!