Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Princess

This is harder than I thought. I've actually gone six days without posting something, not because I'm too busy to sit down and type, but because I actually don't have anything to say. Not that that has changed now, I just figured I ought to post something.

Thanksgiving was good. We ate lots of turkey and nana's rice krispy treats (they are the best!). We visited with lots of family and we put up our Christmas decorations.

The kids are doing good with their schooling. We are preparing for a Christmas show that we will be putting on for the fam when Christmas gets closer. Some poems, stories, songs, and dances. Fun stuff.

Ok. Good. That just reminded me of a good story to share. On the Wednesday before Thanksgiving we had our Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's side of the family. My aunt Abby decided it would be fun and smart for us to have an activity to fill the time. (can anyone say lots of family issues?) She chose kareoke. While it took everyone a little time to warm up to it we all eventually relaxed and had lots of fun. The great part of the story concerns Princess. Once we gave her a mic (there were two) she was unstoppable. No matter who was singing she was up there with them singing and dancing. We kept her mic turned off and she never noticed. Sometimes a duet or trio would sing and we would have to take the mic away from her and she would sit on someone's lap and pout until she got the mic back. I'm not kidding. She did this until about 9:30pm. It was very funny and cute and helped us all get into it. I wish I had some video to post.

I'm going to try to be better at remembering the little daily things my children say and do and share them with you all. Kids are priceless and such a joy.

No comments: