Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Scary

It's only day two and I've already gone through three titles and two blogspace layouts. Not that anyone would know, but I wonder if that's normal? I know that most people who have a myspace page are usually all gung ho at first and visit it three times a day and decorate their wall and all that, but it feels like an actual blog is somehow more grown up and serious. Like I should be able to make simple decisions and then move on with my life. Last night I spent far too long looking at some more blogs. All from people I don't know and I've learned some things about blogging:

1. Do NOT blog every day. If you are cool enough to warrant a blog you must have a life that is full enough to keep you from being able to blog everyday. Of course, there are a few exceptions to this rule. Like, if you are experiencing life circumstances that people need/want to be updated on (Marianne) or if you are unusually funny or interesting (Marianne). I, however, do not fall into either of these catagories.
2. Blogs with pictures are much more interesting. We are a visual society. What can I say?
3. There is such a thing as too much information.

I will try to follow these rules and provide everyone (all two of you :)) with a positive and enjoyable blog reading experience. One more thing. Of course, I sent out a mass email advertising my new blog. One friend replied: "Conversing with you is one thing. Actually knowing what is going on in your head? That's just scary." How right you are, Chris!

1 comment:

Amanda W. in Montgomery, TX said...

Glad to see you are all well and safe in your new home! How's the music scene in OK? Both of you are still singing I hope! Love your new "hair do". I'm going shorter these days too. Take care.