Monday, May 4, 2009

The First of Many

Friday night was the first baseball practice of the 2009 Season for Babione6. Bobo had a short practice and got to meet the coaches and players. However, all of Saturday's practices were cancelled due to rain. And while Friday was technically the First of Many practices and games for this season, tonight was also a First of Many.

But first, I had to show you the boys' shoes. Three different sizes of the same shoe. You can insert different colored tabs into the side of the shoe to make the swoosh any color you want. It is probable that the colors will change once we know our team colors, but for now Bobo is red, Bear is blue, and Popeye is green.

Tonight was Popeye's first t-ball practice ever. The First of Many. He loves playing baseball. (He's the one in the green shorts, center of pic)

My Dad once told my littlest sister that she should be the best at everything out of the three of us girls because she has had the chance to watch two older sisters and learn from them. Well, Popeye has definitely paid attention to his brothers. He isn't very strong or fast yet, but he has much more understanding about the game of baseball than either of his brothers did at 5. And he is so stinkin' cute out there!

Listening to Coach at the end of practice. Popeye practiced outfield today and was the first to take batting practice. I'm expecting lots of improvement by the end of the year.
On a side note: Mom, Dad, Bobo, Bear, and Princess all played catch while Popeye practiced with his team and Bear missed the ball and got nailed in the forehead right above his left eye. He's fine and as of 9:10 tonight didn't have much of a bruise. We'll see how he looks in the morning. If it's anything good I'll take a pic.
Love,
Bridget

3 comments:

keep running said...

I'm
SO
glad
YOU
are
BACK!
I also loved the pictures of the boys shoes... :) and that they are playing baseball... when are their games these next 2 weeks??

Lori said...

Bridget,
My son, Jacob is on one of your son's teams - the 10-11 yr. old KQ-106 team! I noticed his last name on the list. So, I'll actually get to meet you :). I won't be there tonight. My husband will have all four children and the 3 boys all have practice. I'm helping serve at the Tipton school all-sport's banquet. We will miss tomorrow night's practice due to a college graduation, too.
Anyway, thought that was neat!

Babione 6 said...

I agree! Very neat and I'm excited to meet you IRL*!

*In Real Life