Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend Pt. 1

On Saturday we left A-town and headed toward the NJCAA World Series. On our way we saw this beautiful little cloud visiting with our "mountain". The kids loved it and so I had to snap a pic.
The cloud looked thicker in person. It was really cool.
When we got to David Allen Memorial Ballpark the game before ours was still going. The game before it went extra innings, then the game before ours went all nine (they have run rules in junior college baseball) and so we ate pizza on the upper deck while we waited. If you'll notice the baseball team around home plate, they had just won with a walk off grand slam. Exciting stuff.

So cute in matching hats.

Of course sister wanted to be in the picture too. I have no idea why she is making a peace sign. Or where she learned it.

Now, we've moved down to behind the dugout. We were home team so we were down the third base line. Our team is warming up.

Things are about to begin. The kids are leaning on the top of the dugout. They loved being so close to the team.

I tried taking a picture of RC in the press box. Not a good pic at all but if you click on it then you can see the red circle I put around RC to help you know which one was him. And no, I didn't blur the people out on purpose since I don't have their expressed permission to post their pic on my blog. I was serious when I said it was a bad picture.

It's finally starting!!! The game ended around 11:30. We won in seven innings because of the run rule. If one team leads by ten after five innings the game is over. If one team leads by eight after seven innings the game is over. One of our boys hit a two run homer in the bottom of the seventh to give us the eight point lead and the win.
The kids did really good being up so late. Popeye even mastered a new trick.

And I tried to get a better picture of Hubs. Not great but doesn't he look official? (He's the one in the green shirt.)
Love,
Bridget

No comments: