Sunday, March 29, 2009

Two Things

Numero Uno

Before writing my last post I should have discussed my struggles last week with my husband, but I did not. RC - I am very sorry. Everyone else - Practice more patience than I did before sharing personal struggles on very public spaces.

Lesson learned.

Numero Dos

I'm impressing you with my Spanish, aren't I? Let me impress you some more: I can actually recite the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish as well. Learned how in 3rd grade and have never forgotten. Doesn't really come in handy seeing as how it is the AMERICAN Pledge of Allegiance in SPANISH, though, next time you see me ask me to recite it for you and I totally will. And, no, this wasn't number two.

Numero Dos (for real this time)

I wasn't 100% clear in my last post, and, after having it brought to my attention, I feel I need to be. The truth is that God has called us to leave, what we call for sake of conversational clarity, the 'institutional church', not Altus Christian Fellowship. After several years of seeking God in this, we are finally walking the path of no administration, salaries, top-down hierachies, clergy/laity, and buisiness-like churches.

We love all of God's people no matter how they feel about these things. God has just released us from having to love Him within them. And it is amazingly freeing.

Bridget

*I just spell checked and numero kept being highlighted so I googled it and found out that without a little ' above the u it is actually Italian. So I can speak Spanish AND Italian!

2 comments:

fivemjs said...

Who knew you were so afluent in so many languages!

Lori said...

Hello. My name is Lori Waugh and I live in Tipton. I kept seeing your blog on the "Kingfisher" are blogs, but just now looked. I have enjoyed reading your posts. I have heard your husband on the radio, but I was thinking it was an older man! No offense, I say that because my mom, Donna Coke, used to teach with a Mrs. Babione (?) and I assumed she was her age. Anyway, we, too have one girl and 3 boys, so we have that in common, plus the fact we are trying to raise our families in the way God would have us to and follow Jesus' example. I hope you have an opportunity to visit my blog sometime.

I'm sorry about the situations you been in lately, but am confident that God will give you the strength you need. Lori