Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Linky Interwebby Awesomeness

This title is not original unfortunately. BooMama uses it for regular posts that contain links to stuff she has found on the internet (known as the interweb to her). Since this post is about two web sites I really think you need to visit I stole her title.

Forgive me, BooMama.

You see, I have this friend Marianne. I think I've mentioned her before. Anywho, she has this amazing seven year old son named Micah. A few months back Micah's school was planning their 100th day of school celebration. Each child was encouraged to choose something that they could collect 100 of, display them somehow, and bring them to school for the celebration.

Micah had an idea. His first idea was to help 100 people. After discussing this with his mom they decided it would be better to focus on helping 1 person to start. So Micah asked for $1.00 donations from anyone willing through his sister's caringbridge site and email. The response was amazing! They stopped counting after 600 letters and some of those letters contained more than $1.00.

They used $100 of the money for 'the man in the van' and then sought God about what to do with the rest. It is still ongoing.

They have named this "The Micah Project" and use the money to help anyone that God leads them too. Right now they are collecting Lowe's and Home Depot gift cards for a family in town who's house burned. They are collecting these till St. Patrick's Day so there is still time for you to participate.

Check out the website and give if you feel led. Let's encourage our children to make a difference!
Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God." Luke 18:27

And then...

You see, I have this friend Marianne. I think I've mentioned her before. =)

Marianne is quite the little artist. She has started offering her creations for sale on a brand new website. I can personally vouch for the professionallism and beauty of this art because I received one as a birthday gift from her and it is AMAZING!!! I would totally put a picture of it on here if I could just find my camera. Ugh.

Anywho...check out her stuff. You can buy something she has already made or place an order for something personalized. Mine is personalized. It says: The Babiones Est. 1998

Did I tell you how AMAZING it is?

Ok, peoples, link away!!!

Bridget

No comments: