Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Coming Up for Air

Last week was hard. And while the pain and sadness are still heavy, we are all beginning to come up for air.


Last Monday was one of those days in your life that seems to take up a whole month instead of just one little square on a calendar. After receiving the news, I quickly made some adjusted lesson plans and then left my children with my father-in-law. I met AJ in a town close to her new home and we drove to my cousins house 2.5 hours away. All the family was there loving on Abby and Evva and Clint (the parents) and each other. I'm really glad I got to be there.


Then on Tuesday, I just jumped right back in to school. We had quite the productive day.


But on Wednesday, the sadness was more intense. Especially when I was alone with my thoughts. So, suffice it to say, we accomplished absolutely nothing. However, while cooking dinner, I sat down next to Hubs at his computer to look at some house plans. It's one of our favorite things to do together. And in the process, I completely burned dinner.


Hubs came to the rescue by scoring us a dinner invite from his parents and we ate at a small mexican restaraunt in our town. The food was delicious and the fellowship was exactly what I needed.


Thursday was better and we made some headway with school, but Friday was the funeral so we took the day off.


All that to say, we have some holes to fill and work to make up. And that is exactly our plan this week. We are taking a redo.


Thank you so much for the prayers. They have been trememndous support and we have felt them. And thank you for reading this blog. Its nice staying connected with friends and family this way.


Bridget

2 comments:

fivemjs said...

Praying for your family.....

bsjones7 said...

Bridget,
I just wanted to leave you a note letting you know Evva and the whole family has been in my prayers since I heard what happened last monday. I pray that God continues to wrap you all in peace and His love.
On another note, I think thats really cool that you are homeschooling your kiddos. I count it a blessing that I was homeschooled and I am planning to homeschool my little one in a few years. Well I just wanted you all to know you were being prayed for.
Stephanie (Clark) Jones