Friday, October 23, 2009

Birthdays Galore!

Princess's birthday was on Tuesday. She wanted an Ariel (The Little Mermaid) cake and party and 'cowboy girl' stuff.

I made cupcakes Monday night and I'm gonna be completely honest...I made cupcakes so I could have one Monday night without anyone noticing the next day. =)

My kids are really good at being excited for each other. Its really wonderful to see.

They love their baby sister. Just this morning Popeye offered the last of his poptart to her bc she didn't like the one she had picked. So sweet.

Her 'cowboy girl' hat. She is gonna be a cowboy girl for Halloween and so we got her some boots. Grandma and Granddad got her the hat.

Popeye's birthday was on Wednesday. He told me last week that he wanted a Transformers party. Then on Tuesday he changed to Star Wars. Too bad so sad buddy. When I got out the Transformers stuff for the 'party' he wasn't at all upset. Just commented that he'll have Transformers this year and Star Wars next. That's my boy.


You might notice that Princess is still in her pajamas in these pics. Just a time reference: it was lunchtime not dinnertime and frankly, with that girl, I tread the 'lets get dressed' and the 'how about this to wear' line VERY carefully.
Both birthdays were very small but fun. On the Saturday before the two big boys had a birthday party to go to so Hubs, me, Popeye and Princess went to Wichita Falls for the day. We let them take their birthday money from Mema and Granddad to Toys R Us and pick something out. It was sensory overload. Princess just kept running from one thing to another squealing. Seriously, squealing. Finally I convinced her to buy a game she had seen first and she was happy with that a ring pop. Popeye got some Star Wars action figures. Figures. =)
Oh, and Popeye is gonna be Darth Vader for Halloween. Our first Halloween bad guy EVER. Not at all surprised its Popeye. From the time he was a few months old his dad has been battling his brothers with him. When he was a baby Hubs would hold his legs and use them as his weapons against Bobo and Bear. So from the get go he's been fighting 'the good guys'. Why be any different for Halloween?
Bridget
*I just have to note for my own sake that the 'using a baby as a weapon' reference was quite fast and loose. RC would be sitting on the couch holding Popeye and would just make Popeye kick his tiny little legs pretending to fight Bobo and Bear. He wasn't swinging him around the room or anything. Promise. That wasn't till he was at least 1. ;-)

3 comments:

Whitney said...

What a busy week! I love celebrating Price's birthday! It is so fun to recall the day they were born and what a blessing they have been ever since. Happy birthday to Princess and Popeye!

keep running said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the cutest little Princess and Popeye ever! You should probably blog about the girls weekend we had recently :) Thanks for coming... I loved it- not quite as much as I love you though.. You're the best!

fivemjs said...

Happy Birthday to P and P!!

Tell Little P that Kenna says Hi. =)