Friday, October 30, 2009

Please, Do Come In.

I thought it would be fun to show you some pictures of my house. Two reasons: 1) Many of you live too far away to visit so now you can see where all the magic happens (?) and 2) I change my house so often that I thought I might start documenting it just for kicks.

Now, I'm not gonna show you my whole house right up front. (Must leave some things to the imagination.) But today, please meet my entryway:
Yes, those are shoes on the floor and random things on the lower shelf. That's where I keep all those things that actually belong to other people and need to be returned to them. Like the pink scrapbook you see there. I made that for my cousin 4 YEARS AGO. Yup, it's pics from the night before her wedding. Sorry, Ev.

The entryway is small but I love having a place to keep certain things that's not actually IN my living room cause once you step through the front door that's where you are. Meet the living room:
I was planning on making the house look all perfect before taking the pics, but then I got to thinking. Even perfectly clean my house doesn't look like a magazine and if I showed you my house perfectly clean and then you actually got to come visit in person you would think you were in the wrong house. So, I just left it how it was. School supplies and play doh and everything.

I do like how open our house is. And you'll notice that the magazine holders I told you about here are already different. When I decided to paint the picture frames you see in the previous picture the same color as my accent wall I also went ahead and painted the magazine holders too. I love them!
I had been having a little trouble with really being at ease in my house. And so I kept adding more orange thinking that was the problem. That I hadn't spread the color around enough. Finally, I decided to do the exact opposite and remove most of the orange and I am feeling so much better!!
Meet the dining room:
The china cabinet came from RC's grandmother who got it from her grandmother. Cool, huh? And the china inside came from my grandmother. It is white with just two black long stemmed roses on it.
When my grandmother saw my wedding colors: black, white and silver, she new that her china would be perfect for me. And she was right. It is simple and elegant and I love it!

My living room from the other side. I just moved this bookcase in here. It used to reside in my bedroom. When fall rolls around I just want everything to be cozier. Something about books, and fires, and throw blankets and instead of open, airy spaces I want cozy, snuggly spaces. And I'm also loving the convenience of it. We are learning French this year with a program on cd and now the cd player has a shelf to sit on instead of the floor. Gotta love that.

The focal point of our living room. The dresser the tv sits on was given to us by a friend in Montgomery. It is beautiful with marble inlaid in the top. I love having it in the living room instead of hidden in a bedroom. I get to look at it so much more this way. Also, the drawers make for great storage. All our DVDs and wii stuff is kept nicely together.
Also, this year we decided to hook our computer up to our tv. This way when the kids and I are researching something online we don't have to crowd around a tiny little screen. We can all spread out around the living room and have a great view. Also, I can watch Dancing With the Stars on the big screen now. =)
Well, thanks for stopping by! I have enjoyed your visit and am absolutely, positively certain that the next time you stop by my house will look somewhat different. I'm crazy like that!
Bridget

6 comments:

Quotesy said...

I bet if I came over tonight there would be something different already! That's one of the things I love about coming over, it's like a game for me... What has Bridget done different today?

Babione 6 said...

Nice nicname!! My game is 'how long will it take Quotesy to notice the changes'. Hehe.

Whitney said...

So cute Bridge! Thank you for a little peek into your house! More please!

keep running said...

I don't think your crazy.. I think you're talented. We should show the world what you've done to my house.. don't ya think? :)Love you Bridge

fivemjs said...

You MUST tell me who did the art work on the table of your entry way. To die for.

=)

HA!

Babione 6 said...

Andrea - yes we must. Next time I'm up I'll take pics.

Marianne - I totally agree! To. Die. For!!!

Love you both,
Bridge