Friday, October 9, 2009

The Many Wonders of Decorative Paper

I have a nook in my house that is all mine. It is in our living room and has my desk and shelves and pictures and candles and pencils and drawers and boxes and stuff. And I love it. Rarely does anyone else use it and they must ask permission first. Even the Hubs.

No, not really. What's mine is his and all that.

Anywho...I have some magazine holders I use for everyday school stuff that I got at Ikea. Side note: we have some friends who affectionately call Ikea Ikillya. It's funny. But back to the magazine holders...they are great, but they are plain white. And in some instances that would be wonderful, but on my shelves that you see first thing when you enter my house it just wasn't cutting it.

So I covered them in decorative paper. The same paper I have hanging in frames in my dining room. Ok, so not the SAME paper cause that would mean I don't have that paper hanging in my dining room anymore and that would make me sad. I mean the same looking paper.

The before: And the after:
And now I'm completely convinced of where the children get their propensity for cheesing it the minute they see a camera.
Seriously, this was crazy easy. When I bought the decorative paper I actually bought it in a book. You can buy it in a book or in single sheets. So I had paper just sitting in my closet completely bored. I just used scotch tape to tape the paper around the holders and then trimmed the edges to fit. I didn't even cover the whole things. It is very highly, 100% likely that I will remove that paper and either leave them white or wrap them in different paper someday. I like change like that.
But if you want something more permanent you could totally use mod podge and cover them whole bad boys. More work and it would be permanent but it would last forever. Literally.
I love the change. I love that I can change the change.
And I love my man.
Bridget

1 comment:

Clark & Danielle said...

beautiful! and lol @ rc. goofball. and love the marigolds! they are my favorite :D