Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Christmas Sounds of Babione6

Last week MIL, myself, Bobo, and Bear went to the high school's winter musical. They did White Christmas.

My history with White Christmas is special. You see, For three years in a row I traveled with a competition cheer squad to Nashville, TN at Christmas for our cheer nationals. Everything was held in the Opryland Hotel.

Everything.

Our rooms were there and the competition was in their ball rooms. It was actually a brilliant plan bc the cheerleaders, coaches, and families never had to fight traffic or parking, and during down times we could hang out in our rooms instead of in hallways or foyers.

But you didn't really need to know that.

Anywho, the Opryland Hotel has one channel on their t.v.'s that loops White Christmas during...well...Christmas. I honestly don't think I had ever seen White Christmas straight through from start to finish. I'm pretty sure I had seen the whole thing just in bits and pieces here and there.

I'll be honest, I was disappointed with the high school's production. But it did make me want to find the movie to watch at home. So Husband rented it for me the next day and we all sat down to watch it together.

I was so excited when the kids loved it! We watched it again before returning it and before the kids knew that Hubs had taken it back they asked to watch it again. They sing the songs and talk about the scenes and regularly remind us of their favorite parts. Bobo is loving 'What Do You Do With a General?' and I've heard Popeye singing 'I Wish I was Back in the Army'.

It's been fun to see the kids embrace an older movie. I guess it just shows that White Christmas really is a classic that stands the test of time.

What are your favorite Christmas movies? What Christmas cd's are you listening to? Are there any great songs we all need to hit itunes for? Please share.

Bridget

1 comment:

"Quotesy" said...

I am a sucker for Harry Conick Jr music during this season! I know this is going to sound totally off-the-wall, (but then that fits me) but I love watching Lord of the Rings during this time. I guess its because the movies came out each year at Christmas. I also enjoy Tim Allen's Santa Clause movies.