Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Some Practice Pics

*edited to add that I shoot with a Nikon D3000, 18-55mm lens.

I've been taking lots of pics with my new camera. I even got online and read up on some basic photography to try and understand things better. My favorite things to practice on?



My kiddos, of course. I did this one using the Aperture Priority setting on my camera. Basically, I'm doing a little on my own and the camera is doing a little for me. It's a step forward from taking pics in auto where the camera does is all. It's also in natural light with no flash. I haven't done any post editing so it still needs some tweaking and I still need some practice but I really like this one.



Taking pictures of subjects in motion is still a mystery for me so this pic I took on the 'sport' setting. The camera helps me out alot. And for some reason I love the shadows on the ground.


Honestly, I have no clue how I ended up getting this picture. But I love how Popeye is in focus, but the foreground and background are blurred. Fabulous.



And my precious green-eyed girl. She was resting her head on her daddy's shoulder. Love it.


Bridget

1 comment:

Molly said...

These are great! I have no doubt that we have invested in a great photographer!!!