Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Snow Tubing

Sunday afternoon we got together with my Mom's side of the family for Christmas. We spent the afternoon snow tubing in Bricktown. Here's the gang getting our 'ticket/bacelets' on. Princess checking hers out.
This is my cousin Whit snuggling her 3 week old Maggie Beth.
Here's my cousin Bryce (Nana's only grandson) helping Bobo get his bracelet on. Bobo also rode to Bricktown with Bryce.
Dad and Kara waiting in line. I have other pics of the gang in line but I feel weird about posting pics of people I don't know when you can see their faces so I'm not posting any of those pics cause you can see the faces of people I don't know and I don't know if they want their picture posted. =)
Oh, how I love my mom. She rocks!
The three amigos. Popeye, Princess, and Brown Eyes. He belongs to Whit and is six months older than Princess. They are best friends.
Brown Eyes with his tube.
Popeye with his tube.
Princess with her tube.
Almost there!
Aunt Rita (Brown Eyes' Grandma aka YaYa, my mother's older sister) went first so she could be at the bottom when the kids slid down.
Then it was Popeye's turn.
Then Princess.
Then Brown Eyes.
Then Hubs went.
Then John, Brown Eyes' dad, went but I accidentally deleted the picture I took of him bc I had only opened my new camera that very morning and still wasn't at all sure of what I was doing. Sorry John!
Then I went but no one was left to take my pic and there was no way I was gonna hand my new camera to some stranger. No way.
After we slid down I went to the bottom of the big slide to try to get some pics of the other members of our group while everyone else got back in line.
This is Mom on the far right and Aunt Abby (mom's oldest sister) in the middle lane. The big slide line went much faster bc there were four lanes to slide down. So the taller folk got to slide many times while the little guys only got to slide twice bc that slide only goes one at a time and the tickets are only good for one hour and things moved much much much slower. But the little ones didn't seem to notice or mind. They were having a blast.
But back to Mom and Abby:
This is the best pic I have of Bear. He is celebrating bc he won the race. I forget who he was racing.Mom and Kara after their slide down the big slide. Mom is in focus and Kara isn't. I'm still learning, but Hubs said he liked it this way. I decided to camp out at the bottom of the little slide to get pics of the little ones sliding down. Hubs decided to camp out with me and then after a bit, Bear joined us. What else are they gonna do to pass the time? Here's Bryce again. Yes, girls, he's single. Popeye came down first. Then Princess. Then Brown Eyes. Then AJ. Then Bobo. Then Aunt Rita. And just a reminder: All these pics were taken with my new camera while the subjects were in motion! I love it!
And what do you do after a busy afternoon of snow tubing? Well, you eat ice cream of course... While the adults sit a spell... And the bigger kids admire fountains... And try to pose for mom's picture while poking and pushing each other. It was a wonderful afternoon!
Bridget

1 comment:

"Quotesy" said...

Looks like it was just a horrible time with all of those smiles on everyones' faces! Lol Good memories for you!