Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007

2007 has been a year of changes. God called us to leave one church family and brought us into another. God called RC to leave one vocation for another. God called us to move from one state to another. God called us to homeschool. And the work God is doing in us began to dramatically increase. At least, that's how it feels.

Over the past week I have been asking God what He wants for this next year. It is something I have been doing for the past few years and each year God has revealed something different. Last year at this time I felt the Spirit telling me that 07 was going to be a really good year. My best friend felt like the Spirit was telling her it was going to be a year of miracles. While 2007 was a VERY hard year, RC and I are more in love with Jesus than we have ever been and I know God calls that good. My best friends daughter has had four brain surgeries this year, and now crawls, talks (her own language :-)), and is progressing wonderfully and God added a new blessing to their family through a baby girl born in September. I know God calls that His miracle.

As for 2008 one word keeps coming up: SIMPLE
God wants me to keep my life and things simple this year. I am to focus on learning gentleness and humility. Particularly with my children. I know that this is going to be harder than it seems, but I am looking forward to it. My focus is to be running my home and teaching my children until God says otherwise.

Titus 2:4-5
These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, to live wisely and be pure, to take care of their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God.

Happy 2008!

1 comment:

fivemjs said...

I love reading your blogs and hate that I have missed on on so many since I lost the site!!! I am going to make it a "favorite" now. Does it automatically update someone when there is a new blog?

Marianne