Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hi, Honey...I'm home!

So, it's literally been a week. So very sorry.

On Tuesday Bear, Princess, and I left our wonderful little town and drove five hours to Waco, TX. We stayed with my best friend Marianne and her kids till Thursday. Marianne's husband is currently at the Dallas Police Academy and is only able to come home on the weekends. They are having to wait on the sale of their house before Marianne and the kids can join him in Dallas.

Please pray for the sale of their house. It has been on the market for three months now with no bites. Any of you with kids can understand how hard it is to be a single parent. Marianne and Matt have three kids and to make it even harder, their middle child is special needs.

It was a great visit. And we even got to go to Hobby Lobby and Target. I haven't been to Target in over a year now. Man, I miss that store. Just going and walking around it without buying anything makes me happy.

R.C., Bobo, and Popeye stayed here. The boys went to work with R.C. and their Granddad. They got to talk on air and got some Candy Cane Cash tickets at the eye doctor's. Then, the next morning that is all they were talking about. (Candy Cane Cash Tickets are given out by local businesses when you purchase something and then on December 14th there is a drawing for different cash prizes with the biggest one being $10,000.00) After about an hour of Candy Cane Cash talk I finally stepped in and made it clear that if they did win it would all go into their college fund anyway. Then, I remembered that kids can't win it anyway, you must be 18 or older and I really busted their bubble.

I know, mean mama.

I just couldn't take anymore. The chances of winning are ridiculous, anyway.

However, I will so be there... just in case.=)

It's good to be home.

Bridget

2 comments:

fivemjs said...

I love you.

mjohnson296 said...

Just want to say a HUGE thank you Bridget! You have no idea how much you blessed my family, me especially! You came and sacrficed so much to be with Marianne and the kids and I am so thankful.

Marianne said that you guys had a blast together and that she misses you so much.

You are awesome! Thank you!

Hope to see you and RC soon.
As soon as I'm out of academy, life will get a "little" more normal.

Miss you guys!

Love you,

matt j.