Thursday, November 13, 2008

Before and After

Here are the before and after pics from when I redecorated Princess' room. I am rather embarrassed to post the before pics. I honestly don't know what I was thinking. One half of the room was teal for Princess and the other half was orange for Popeye. I didn't think to take before pics until I had already taken everything off the walls and moved all the furniture into the middle of the room.
This is what you see right as you walk into her room. These red lockers where in RC's room when he was younger. A good friend of mine made the bear in the middle with scraps from Princess' nursery fabric. The walls are a very soft yellow.
RC bought this loveseat at a garage sale before I even knew him. My MIL and I recovered it when we sewed all of Princess' nursery stuff.
Princess' bowling pin and elephants.
These pictures are posted here. I love them!
We registered for this canopy for Princess' baby shower. I was so happy that someone bought it for us. She loves her princess bed. I love these curtains. There are actually four different fabrics in them. My MIL sewed them and then I added the buttons.
We needed four curtains for Princess' nursery. This room only needs two so we were able to use the other two for closet doors.
I was so happy to use Princess' nursery stuff. When I picked it out I made sure to get something that didn't feel like a baby, though it did have to be pink. After three boys I wanted me some pink!
We have beautiful hardwood floors throughout our house so we bought Princess a new white hairy rug for her room. I didn't think to take a picture of it. Sorry.
Princess takes everyone by the hand and shows them her room when they get here. I'm glad she loves it and I pray that through it she feels my love for her.
Bridget

5 comments:

fivemjs said...

Um...no offense to the teal and orange but her room is SO cute now! LOVE IT!!! I can't wait for my girls to have two seperate rooms so I can go GIRL crazy!!! Can't wait to see you next week!!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE Bridget!! You did a GREAT job decorating! Love ya, Diane

Becca said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the colors now~! I know she's enjoying it all to herself :)

Lisa said...

Wow you did an awesome job! It looks so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures & frames most of all. She will feel so blessed and special! Love, Rochelle