Saturday, January 31, 2009

Abiding

Here's the dealio: R.C. and I are taking the month of February as a jumping off point for abiding more deeply in Jesus. We are going to do some fasting while we seek Him. One of the things I feel led to fast is the computer. I do not plan on getting on the computer at all. However, YOU can follow our Immersion by checking out Kingdom Crossing instead of this blog. The Holy Spirit is not leading RC to fast the computer and he plans to journal some of our experiences. I will not be checking email, facebook, or writing anything on here for the whole month. I will be checking things today (Sat, Jan 31) but as soon as the clock strikes 12:00 midnight I turn into a pumpkin and they don't have fingers so I couldn't type even if I wanted to. Bummer.

I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from Me you can do nothing. Whoever does not abide in me is thrown away like a branch and withers; such branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples. As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love. I have said these things to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete. John 15:5-11

We are trusting Jesus to draw us into deeper abiding intimacy with Him. I am really quite excited.

I'll see you in a month!
Bridget

No comments: