Thursday, January 8, 2009

Parent's office redo

This year for Christmas we redecorated my parent's office. We are big O-State fans. My father graduated from OSU and my parent's have had football season tickets for as long as I can remember.

My sister, Andrea, graduated from O-State in 07 and my littlest sister, Kara is currently attending there. Andrea was and Kara is a cheerleader on the O-State small coed squad.

Suffice it to say my parent's have lots of OSU stuff. Like a small Christmas Tree decorated in all OSU ornaments and lights that never comes down. But my mom doesn't decorate. Doesn't have time and it's not really her thing. So, since it is my thing I couldn't help myself.

And, of course, I forgot to take the before pic until I had already made some changes. However, I don't think it matters. The change is still quite stunning.

Before #1 Before #2
And the afters. We bought them bookshelves, curtains, a tablecloth, and a new office chair. The rest was stuff they already had.
I forgot, I brought the mirror, but I didn't buy it. It was one at my house that wasn't being used. You can actually see the reflection of the OSU Christmas Tree in it.
I hung fabric panels over the bottom two shelves of the bookshelves so they could hide all the stuff you need in an office but that isn't very pretty to see.
That was their desk but mom has one at school that she plans on bringing home and having me paint black that will really make that room sing once it's in there.
The OSU snowman who lives in the house all year. He is very cute. And we didn't have money in the budget to frame the posters so I hung them up where I thought they should go and recommended that mom and dad go buy poster frames asap.
Here is the tree and the tablecloth. Bought a black one and sewed OSU fabric onto it to make it long enough so they could store stuff under the table. I just sprayed mom's chairs black to match.
The curtains are white with little orange dots on them. I think they are so cute.
It was great fun and mom and dad really seem to like it.
Bridget

1 comment:

Ro said...

Sorry I missed seeing this entry earlier. As always, your decorating is wonderful! Have I asked you to come over?! Rochelle