Friday, January 2, 2009

Hello 2009

and hello folks!

How are you? It's been awhile.

Our Christmas was wonderful. Grandma and Granddad gave the kids a Wii and they haven't stopped playing it yet. Except for yesterday when hubs and I played it. And I'm not bragging or anything, but I ROCK at bowling. However, my right shoulder is in quite a bit of pain today.

Anywho...

I am ready for 09.

God has placed some circumstances in our lives right now that are bringing about change. Not only in our daily happenings but also in ourselves.

I've mentioned before how I seek God at the end of each year about the new year ahead. Last year I felt God telling me to focus on homeschooling the children and running my home. Through that focus God revealed alot about me to me, revealed alot about Him to me, and grew my relationship with Him in ways I could have never imagined.

Now, this year I hear Him saying: "Do it now."

While I can't tell you what "it" is yet, I can tell you that I'm excited and scared. RC and I have been talking about this for years now. It never felt right and we never felt confident in God's guidance in this direction.

Until now.

But before God changed our circumstances He changed our hearts. And this change of direction for 2009 was not born out of circumstances, but an assurance that the desires of our hearts are the desires of God's heart.

And while thinking about these changes gives me that nervous feeling in my stomach I know it is going to be so very worth it. So we head into 2009 with an expectation to see God's hand move, faith to step out in obedience, and a willingness to serve our King with everything we have.

I pray the same for all of you.

Bridget

But the Lord still waits for you to come to Him so He can show you His love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for Him to help them. Isaiah 30:18

2 comments:

Lisa said...

First of all, I LOVE your new blog photo. It is just wonderful, and secondly, I am excited to see what God is going to do in your lives in this upcoming year! wow!

Jenni McCadams said...

Yeah! I can't wait to see what God does in your lives in '09. I love your patience to wait on direction and your courage to step out and do it when you're told to. You inspire me. So glad we're friends.