Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New china, Park visits, and Miracles

So, In an older post I mentioned how my Grandmother (aka Mema) gave me her china. I took pictures of it in my china cabinet to send to her and decided I wanted to share them with you all as well. Aren't they pretty?!
For those of you not very familiar with our town, it is the home of Altus Air Force Base. This plane is located in a park just as you drive into town. We went to this park yesterday afternoon and rode the scooters that Santa brought and played on the merry-go-round. It was about 55 degrees out, but the sun was shining so it felt warmer.
Yes, you do see Santa and his reindeer on top of the plane. They do Christmas in the Park at this park and were in the process of taking down the decorations while we were there.

It was a good afternoon!
I went to the dentist today. When I was in my first trimester with Princess part of a filling fell out of my very back upper left tooth. I went to the dentist in much pain, but he wouldn't do anything due to my very new pregnancy. (I was in agreement) By the time I could do something about it safely the pain was gone and I chose not too. (I know, not good) The pain came back about a year later but only lasted a couple of days and was gone before I did anything yet again. Well, as I'm sure you have guessed by now the pain came back. Over Christmas break I took a bite and chomped down back there and felt a very intense pain. It only lasted the evening and was gone by morning, but I couldn't put any pressure on that tooth without the whole left side of my face hurting. The dentist couldn't see me till today, but the pain wasn't constant so I was fine. I figured he would say "You need a root canal." (which I can not afford) and then I would say "Can you please just pull it?". I'm not kidding. A root canal runs about $700-$1200 while pulling it costs $120. BIG difference. I prayed about my appointment and trusted God would take care of it. I had this feeling that God didn't want me to lose my tooth. So I decided to trust that He would work out a way for me to have a root canal. Well, when I got there they took x-rays and a really cool picture of my tooth with this really cool camera and then the dentist said he thought he could clean out my tooth and add some medication that fills in the hole and hardens and stays there for one year to let my tooth heal itself!!! Can I get an AMEN?! It cost $68!!! And to top it off the dentist could tell from the x-rays that I have a sinus infection and wrote me a prescription!! I had no idea I was actually sick, I just thought I was tired! Praise God!!! He is so good and merciful even when we do stupid things like put off going to the dentist. I'm praying that everyone who reads this will have their eyes opened to the many things God does each day on their behalf. Just pay attention and you'll see them.
For without faith it is impossible to please God because anyone that comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. Hebrew 11:6


No comments: