Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Dresser

We found Princess a dresser. It is old and beat up and someone tried to do a green paint and glaze effect.

I love it.
We paid $65 for it.
I have fabulous plans for the top. I'm purchasing the materials this weekend and hope to have it done by the end of next week. I can't wait to show you. I love the lines of this dresser. The simple details. And I am totally leaving the green, glaze, funky treatment.
I am changing the knobs, however. And it's on wheels. Which is going to be very handy once I get done transforming the top. Plus, because it is up off the ground I can stash a couple of baskets under it for Princess' shoes.
Perfection. I'm also transforming the insides. Actually, I've already transformed the insides, but I don't want to show them until everything is done. It was all about having a nice clean drawer for Princess' clothes. I just couldn't put them inside without doing something and I was very ready to get her clothes out the the wire baskets they were in and into a bonafide dresser. So I got right on fixing the insides.
Plus, I moved the wire baskets to the laundry room and am loving the extra storage.
Bridget

2 comments:

Debbie Kulbeth said...

You are so refreshing! I wanted to see her room when I came by last night, but it was late. I will be watching for the results! You are a blessing! Do you sleep ever? ha! Debbie

Clark & Danielle said...

i am in love with that dresser. love the casters, love the drawer pulls (you should really leave those--so charming!), love that it was only 65 dolla'! your princess will be so posh once her bedroom is finished. can't wait to see :D