Thursday, September 18, 2008

Love what you eat...

So, last year God moved our family from a suburb of Houston back to Small Town, USA. We were not at all upset about living in a smaller town because God was also moving us back close to family. We were however, a little disappointed to be losing some really great shopping and dining options.

Small price to pay in our estimation.

And earlier this year our little town, pop. about 25,000, got a Starbucks. We were thrilled, though I've only actually visited it 4 times. And now it is closing this week. Bummer.

However, also this week my favorite fast food restaurant opened in our town. Quiznos!!!

Today, the kids and I were invited to a friend's house for lunch. I offered to get the adults some quiznos. I stood in line for 33 minutes. I'm not kidding. I thought about leaving and just eating some of the soup I was bringing to go with the sandwiches, but I couldn't after getting a whiff of the food. It smelled so good! Just like old times!

You can read about my husband's joy over this here.

And just F.Y.I my favorite sandwich is the Tuscan Turkey.

And I live at...

just kidding. (except for those of you who actually know where I live=))

After lunch we were sitting outside on the patio while the kids played in the yard. My friend goes into the house and comes out with a napkin. She then proceeds to clean my daughter's face for me (I still at this point haven't caught on to what she is up to).

Then I notice The Camera around her shoulder.

She took ninety-one pictures.

And then sent me eighteen via email.

And as I was looking at the pictures I was thinking about owning The Camera myself, and I realized something.

God hasn't given me funds for The Camera, but what He has given me is A WONDERFUL FRIEND who owns The Camera and is willing, even eager, to take pictures of my children and family.

And the gift of a friend wins out BIG any day over a camera.
Jenni, you rock and I love you! Thanks for being my friend!
Bridget


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings all the way around! What a sweet story! Rochelle
P.S. Where is Quizno's?

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!! What a blessing how God uses the gift of friends. Jenni's definately a keeper:)