Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Playing Star Wars

So, I come home yesterday, and Popeye immediately greets me by grabbing my hand and saying, "I need you to come play with me." I tell him to give me a few minutes and that I'd be in there to play with him. After settling in, I finally go into the boys' room where Popeye is eagerly awaiting my arrival. He has some Star Wars Legos, and that is the game we will play. I get to be the clone trooper first (the good guy) while he is the droid (bad guy).

As I sit down (where he has placed me, I might add) he asks, "Dad, do you know how to play Star Wars Legos?" After chuckling, I assure him that I do, and play commences. We take turns blowing each other's heads off and other things, but I am constantly being corrected with how to play. I have to die after one shot. I can make my clone trooper good but not silly (in other words, stop talking for him). I have to scream properly as he falls off the desk. No flips or hiding. After a couple of minutes and several frustrations Popeye finally asks, "Dad, are you sure you know how to play Star Wars?"

(nope, not anymore, buddy)

R.C.

5 comments:

Tobias Valdez said...

No, I like chocolate.

Tobias Valdez said...

Ok, seriously, I think anyone of your kids could whoop me in Star Wars Legos given their background and up bringing. I mean, they basically been trained by a Jedi Master!

Babione 6 said...

Why is it I have to read the blog to hear about these things????

I know it made his day to have his daddy all to himself for a little while.

I love you,
Bridge

Sanchezfam said...

How funny! At first I thought this was Bridget & when I realized it was you I had to go back & replay the reinactment in my head... You're making memories.

"We do not remember days,
we remember moments."
Cesare Pavese

Diane

Anonymous said...

I think Popeye needs to be more understanding. When we were his age, we didn't have Star Wars Legos. A lego kit came with two red blocks and two blue blocks, and you had to make do with your four blocks. And we weren't allowed to play with them until we had chopped enough firewood to keep the toolshed warm enough to sleep in. So, as he should understand, things were a little different.

(Also, back in those days the Braves were a good team. Ouch, sorry.)