Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Trim the House

About two weeks ago I mentioned to my MIL how I thought it would look good to put trim around the opening between my living and dining rooms.

She agreed.

And this past Friday she (and my FIL) came home with trim for just that.

Can I get a WAHOO?!?

I was so excited that I painted it immediately and then kept bugging my FIL to put it up for me.

So, at 9:30 Friday night, my FIL, hubs, and hubs brother-in-law put up my beautiful new trim. And it was everything I thought it would be.

Before. The little bit that is painted white was done in preparation for the trim. It had been blue like the rest of the walls. I just can't seem to remember to take a 'before' picture until I have already started to process. But you get the idea.
TA-DA!!!
Isn't it beautiful?
I sure think so. And the pictures really can't do it justice. The difference it makes is so huge that when our good friends came over for dinner Sunday night it only took them standing there for 5 minutes looking directly at it and then me finally pointing it out for them to notice.
I'm half kidding.
Seriously, I have found myself sitting in my office chair and looking at it for long periods of time since Friday. I just love it!
Thanks Ronny(FIL) and Susan(MIL)!!! You're the BEST!
Bridget

p.s. If you happen to click on the pics and notice some smudges on the trim, that is the caulk that has since been painted over. No more smudges.

6 comments:

Tobias Valdez said...

WAHOO!! There you go.

That's fine, take a shot at your friends. See if we notice anything new next time.

Really, I was surprised that Brenda didn't notice until you pointed it out. She seemed close though.

fivemjs said...

That looks beautiful!!!!

Sanchezfam said...

I love it! It does make a difference.

Ro said...

You never cease to amaze me with your creativity & the ability to get any job accomplished!

Tobias Valdez said...

P.S. I like the new look of the blog. Very Sharp!

Jenni McCadams said...

It looks awesome! A little architectural detail goes a long way. You've got the vision, my friend.