Saturday, January 26, 2008

I DON'T KNOW

This morning RC is at work and the kids are still in their pjs. They love pajama days. I've been talking to God alot this morning. I just don't have God figured out (Praise Him! Who would want a god that was so small we could figure him out? NOT ME!) I just don't have me figured out either. I so desperately want to see healing for all these children and I want to see it NOW.

Marianne updated this morning with some very frustrating news. A little recap for those new to the blog: Marianne is my best friend and her daughter Makenna has a seziure disorder. During 2007 Makenna had FOUR brain surgeries systematically removing the back three lobes on the right side of her brain. Makenna is 3ys old. Our prayer has been that all the abnormal brain tissue be only on the right side of her brain. All seziures were on the left side of her body. Particularly in her left arm and in her mouth. Well, this morning as Marianne was changing Makenna's baby sister's (Marlee) diaper Marianne saw something out of the corner of her eye. She turned to see Makenna having a full blown seziure in her RIGHT arm. Her right arm hung limp at her side after it was over. I know you all know this but I just have to make sure you understand. The left side of the brain controls the right side of the body. In 2007 we were dealing with the right side of the brain and the left side of the body. I'm sure you can understand how very, very, very frustrating this is.

Here is what I'm asking from all of you: Let's step in for Marianne and Matt, for Team BrAvery, and for all the others and let's maintain a spirit of expectation for them. Let me explain. In my Believing God Bible study there is a story of a man named Duane Miller. Duane was miraculously healed by God, in front of a large group of people NTL, but he first struggled with his condition for 3 years. In Duane's own words: "Both Joylene (his wife) and I knew God could heal. We also continued to hope that He would yet heal me. But after almost three years of unanswered prayer, I had become a pragmatist. I felt that it was time to learn to deal with life as it was instead of wasting any more time trying to make it what it could not be. It was just too exhausting to maintain a spirit of expectation."

The story goes on to tell us how God surrounded him with people that maintained that spirit for him. You can read Duane's story in his book Out of the Silence.

It is so hard to maintain a spirit of expectation when you have to live it 24/7 so let's step in and help our fellow brothers and sisters out and maintain the spirit of expectation for them. I believe with all my heart that God has said He is going to heal Makenna in this life on this earth. I also felt God lead me to give Avery Psalm 103:1-5. check it out... seriously.

In Exodus 17:8-16 we read about the Amalekites attacking the Israelites. While the Israelites fought, Moses stood on a hill and watched. As long as Moses' arms were raised the Israelites would be winning, but when he put his arms down the Amalekites would be winning. So, when Moses' arms got tired Aaron and Hur brought him a stone to sit on and they held up his arms for him. We need to hold up their arms for them. I can't do this alone, you can't do this alone, and they can't do this alone. This is why God gave us each other.

One last thing, I would love to read about what is going on in everyone's lives. Either respond to this blog, to the email, or START YOUR OWN BLOG!!! I like the last idea best!:-)

P.S. Popeye is still having a hard time fighting this crud. Please pray for him also.

No comments: