Monday, November 16, 2009

Case of the Missing Cobra

Yes, I know it is Monday and I said I wasn't going to post anything except on Tuesdays and Fridays. That's why Bobo is posting something today. So, please welcome Bobo as a contributor to the Babione6 blog.
Bridget

Case of the Missing Cobra

One day, a boy named Andrew Miles went to the zoo. He went with his best friend, Nicole. They both dreamed of becoming young detectives one day, they just didn't know it was today.
When they got there, they saw a commotion. The zoo keeper, the guide, and the manager were talking to the police. Andrew overheard the zoo keeper tell the police,” What do you mean this isn't police business! It's completely police business! An $1,000 cobra was stolen!”
“What's up with him?” asked Nicole. “It looks like he got shot with an anger dart.”
“ I heard that he has just lost an expensive cobra.” said Andrew. “He's contacted the police about it.”
“Let's go check it out !” Nicole said.
So the the two friends headed toward the scene. When the police saw the the children, they told the children to move back. So the friends stayed back. But they were close enough to hear what they were saying about the robbery. Andrew spotted the reptile room that had no windows. The zoo keeper told his story, “Well, I was doing my duties, then I heard the alarm ring, so I ran to find out what was going on, and I saw the manager run out the door of the reptile room. He was holding his hat.”
“No I didn't!” said the manger. “ I was checking to see the snakes through the window. When I heard the siren I went immediately went to the center of the zoo, because that where you're supposed to go when the siren goes off.”
Suddenly, a gust of wind blew and the hats of the men were nearly blown away. They all held their hats but the manager held his barely. The hat shook. Then there was a hissing sound. “ Oops, forgot to take the kettle off the oven.” the manger said. He headed toward his house that he lived in near the zoo. All the windows and doors were closed.
Andrew suddenly said, “ Wait! Don't you want to hear who the thief was?”
The manager said, “Oh, so you think you know.”
“Yes I do. The thief is.....”

Please leave your guess in the comments. I'll post the answer on Thursday!!

Bobo

2 comments:

keep running said...

ooooo... I'm sittin on the edge of my sit trying to figure out who the theif was! Bobo... could it have been the manager? He seemed to leave really quickly after the gust of wind?!? Or maybe it was the zoo keeper! Ah, not sure- but I can't wait to find out! Thursday hurry up and get here! :)Love you!
AJ

"Quotesy" said...

I'm guessing the manager, but then again you could have a trick your sleeve with this one. I will patiently wait the answer, unless I can bribe it out of you at lunch tomorrow! hehe