Friday, November 20, 2009

A Tale of Two Tables

Like the title, honey?

Hubs loves alliteration.

So here is my tale: Over a year ago I took a trip with two friends to Dallas. Can you guess where we went? Nope. We didn't go there. We went to Ikea. Hello!?!

If you were reading this blog around that time you probably read this post and possibly this post and then maybe this post where I finaly showed you my coffee table. Suffice it to say (what does that mean really?) that the coffee table bought on that Dallas trip was everything my heart desired. Unfortunately, it wasn't everything my children couldn't destroy. Four busy, active kids had finally rendered that coffee table inactive.

Enter table 1.



This bueat came from a family friend that had it hanging out in his garage. The positive points are: it is solid wood, the drawers pull out on both sides (STORAGE!), and it has the simple clean lines I like with just a bit of detail. The negatives points: U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi! You UGLY!!! Luckily, I can work with ugly.

Enter table 2:


Removing some unnecessary items and all those drawer pulls (what was that?) and then adding some TLC in the form of sanding, priming, and painting along with fewer new drawer pulls and voila! A brand new table.

I chose to paint it the same color as my kitchen walls. I was tired of painting all my furniture white and I love it. It is a fun shot of color smack dab in the middle of my living room. And since we have our computer hooked up to our tv, the keyboard and mouse vanish so nicely into one of the drawers. Brilliant!

Isn't she lovely?

Bridget

Don't forget to check out the solution to The Case of the Missing Cobra directly below this post.

4 comments:

R.C. said...

Yes, I like the lable that leads to the lesson you left letting us love the light blue lovely laying in our living room.

Later

Lar C.

Tobias Valdez said...

P.S. Your blog list looks lovely!

"Quotesy" said...

I laughed out loud at the comment, "luckily I can work with ugly!" Of course my "innocent" mind was only thinking of the table, and not of some possible jeering toward our hubbies!

keep running said...

love the table.. thanks for sharing the other ugly with me.. now its time to make it pretty! :)