Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I know it's not actually Christmas time yet...

But I've already got my Christmas decorations up!!

My entryway: I've used blue as my main Christmas decor color for five Christmases now and I still love it!

I bought this grapevine wreath at Hobby Lobby on my Dallas trip. It was 50% off. Originally $5 I got it for $2.50 but even at $5 it's definitely worth the money. Then I just spray painted it blue. I was planning on adding a bow and other fun stuff but after I got it painted I liked it plain.

This is the decor on my coffee table. The glass vase was a gift for my 30th birthday and it's from Pottery Barn! I filled the bottom with crushed sea shells (from the Walmarts) and then put small sparkly ornaments in it. I actually leave the sea shells in it all the time and just change out what I put on top. Before the ornaments it had fake flowers in it. The big black rock is a lava rock some friends brought back for us from a volcano they stopped at on their way to Wyoming. And even Better Homes and Gardens thinks blue is a great Christmas color!

I actually love that blue is a popular Christmas color this year because I've been able to use magazines as decor. They match so nicely!
I also love using Snowmen because they can stay out all winter. Multitasking decor. That's what I'm talking about!

I didn't do much in the dining room this year. This nativity was the only thing. Not only is it beautiful but it uses all my colors! Brilliant!


I made our stockings last year. I am silly about things looking cohesive. They don't have to match perfectly... I just prefer them to make sense. Having a mostly blue tree and other decorations and then bright red stockings wasn't working for me. These need to be ironed really badly but my iron is very dirty and I don't have any iron cleaner so that is having to wait for another day.

My Mema got us these precious stocking holders. Love them!

I've put a bow on top of our tree for as long as I can remember. This year I did buy new ribbon and made a new bow. The background color is the same as our kitchen color and then it has sparkly accents that match the accent wall in our living room. Can't beat that!

This is one of my favorite ornaments. An angel surrounding Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus with it's wings. BEAUTIFUL!

Nana made this ornament for us. She has given us many ornaments over the years but this one she made herself. I'm pretty sure most everyone got one from her the year she made these. I'm so glad I have this memory. That's one of my favorite parts of decorating my tree. My MIL and my grandmothers get us ornaments every year. Decorating our tree is taking a walk down memory lane.

This is another fave. Santa kneeling at Jesus' feet.

I also bought these big snowflakes at Hobby Lobby in Dallas. They came in a package of six and I'm only wishing now that I would have gotten two packages.

Our tree in all it's glory!

Husband bought a screen saver DVD a few years back for us to take to a Christmas party for a white elephant gift. We liked the idea so much that we stole the gift and no one stole it from us. Now, since we don't have a fireplace we just put in our screen saver DVD, choose fireplace, and voila! It's almost like the real thing!

Thanks for humoring me while I show you and talk about all my Christmas decor. Now that I have other people posting on the blog I can't seem to stop myself from talking about decorating.
But don't worry...on Friday I plan on doing a homeschooling update and showing you some of our projects we've been up to. I'll give you a decorating break.
Bridget
To see other people's Christmas decor check out the Nester's Christmas Home Tour.

5 comments:

Clark & Danielle said...

fun post! and i think you can clean an iron with baking soda... or maybe vinegar... or something? google it.

"Quotesy" said...

Love it on the blog just as much as I do in person...ok maybe in person is more fun!!!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Very festive! I love your *fireplace*:)

Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

I've been really enjoying the 2009 Christmas tour. Many of you are so talented and creative!
I just love all the decorations. Thank you for the tour!

Totallyscrappy said...

I love a silver and blue Christmas! Thanks for having me over. Come on over to my place when you get a chance...