Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sniffles and Smiles

I don't feel well. It's not sickness, but allergies and they are bumming me out.

It's the usual stuff. Stuffy nose, itchy-sore throat, watery eyes, sneezes, stuffy ears, sinus pressure. No big deal really, but it's made me think of all the people that suffer from chronic pain. Not feeling well on a day to day basis really does make life hard.

And that makes being in a good mood hard.

I've been stuffy since last Thursday. I had finally found something that actually helped, but when I went to Walgreen's on Friday to get some more I found out that the laws in OK have changed and I can't buy any right now. And I'm not sure if or when I'll be able to get some again.

Oh well.

However, this morning made me smile. The designated morning chores have been changing lately. The kids are growing and can do more so now Popeye empties all the trashcans every morning and then helps Bear sort the laundry. Bear sorts the laundry and feeds/waters the dog. While Bobo empties the dishwasher and loads any dirty dishes in, then after everyone has brushed their teeth and fixed their hair he wipes down the bathroom: mirror, sink, and toilet.

Also, they have to wipe down the dining table and chairs and move the chairs into the living room every morning after breakfast so I can sweep. But all of them do this together.

Anywho...this morning Bear asked if he could wipe down my bathroom like Bobo wipes down theirs. Of course, I said yes. Remember: I'm trying to say 'yes' to my children as much as possible. =) So Bobo showed Bear how to do it in their bathroom and then helped Bear wipe down mine.

Not only do I now not have to wipe down my bathroom every morning, but I just love it when I see my children helping each other. Particularly when they teach each other. I didn't ask Bobo to show Bear what to do. I was planning on showing him myself. But they took it upon themselves to work together. And it blessed my heart.

And my aching head.

Bridget

3 comments:

Tobias Valdez said...

I thought you sounded kind of stuffy when your fam came over last night. Sorry you're not feeling well!

Kids are wonderful when they work together that way!

keep running said...

Love this! Glad is blessed your aching head, and glad your heart is not aching! I love you Bridge... come to my house (with all your children) I am making puppy chow! I will gladly share.. I love you!

"Quotesy" said...

Kids are the full package... They can make you pull your hair out and melt your heart all in the same minute, and they aren't even trying too!