Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pillow Talk

This past Saturday I went to Dallas with "Quotesy". We went to Ikea, Red Lobster, Joann's, Starbucks, Hobby Lobby, the gas station, and McDonalds. It was wonderful.

The reason for our trip was two-fold. 1. I needed some pillows. Not the sleeping kind. The decorating kind. You see, last spring my MIL and I also took a day trip to Dallas and went to Ikea. MIL was purchasing new furniture for her bedroom and I got to tag along.

While at Ikea I saw some 20" down pillow inserts for $6.99. To those of you unaware, down pillow inserts at a fabric/home decor store run around $18 a piece. And I needed four. Plus, the two fabric/home decor stores in Lawton don't even carry down pillow inserts. Just fiberfill ones.

Suffice it to say I was thrilled. However, I wasn't at a place to purchase them yet. So I've been waiting for these pillows for months now. MONTHS. But thanks to husbands junior high football announcing check I had a little extra cash on hand. And husband was willing to hold down the fort for the day while I got out and about without kids in tow. It was a beautiful day.

Introducing my new pillows:

I found the blue fabric at Joann's in Dallas on clearance for $4.50 a yard. Not only is it the perfect color, but it is an outdoor fabric and therefore able to withstand the abuse from four children. Brilliant.
I am so pleased. You can see the before here. Sad little pillows.
I also snagged a new light fixture for over the dining room table. The first one I had was also from Ikea so really I just got a new cover and not a whole new fixture. It is much more sleek and simple. Love it.
The before:


The after:
The light cover was $13.00! You just can't beat that.

Reason #2: "Quotesy" had never been to Ikea and both mamas needed a day away. Loads of fun was had by all.

Bridget

Bobo is now a weekly contributor to Babione 6. He will be posting every Monday. Don't miss his first post! It's right below this one.

2 comments:

keep running said...

Your house looks lovely! Glad you got to enjoy a Saturday like that. I thought going to Ikea was cool, but got real jealous when I read you went to starbucks...love you!

"Quotesy" said...

Looks good!!! Can't believe I had to see the transformation online and not in person! Geez... Haven't seen you in 2 whole days and you go changing everything. Lol