Monday, March 17, 2008

Back in the Valley

Hello Friends!!! Thank you so much for your prayers! They were felt mightily! The women's retreat was wonderful and unlike anything I have ever experienced. To be honest, this has been the hardest transitions back to the valley I've ever experienced. God was VERY present right from the start. Everyone felt it and God even gave us a Word through one of the ladies that He had also been preparing for our weekend and He was thrilled that His girls were coming! I can not describe the feeling.

Many were healed (physically, emotionally, spiritually) and some were baptized with the Holy Spirit, including myself. We couldn't get enough of God and He never tired of giving us more. The fellowship among the ladies was so sweet and many divine connections were made. I don't feel that God has granted me the authority to share details, but something I feel compelled to share is an analogy that God gave us from a book.

One of the Chronicles of Narnia, I don't remember which one, has a scene where Aslan the Lion is on a mountain top with one of the children. And down below them is a valley where many prisoners are held underground. Aslan tells the child, who is about to go over the cliff to the valley to set the captives free, that up where they are the air is thinner. It is easier for the child to hear Aslan which is why he brought the child up there. The key is for the child to remember what Aslan tells him/her down in the valley where the air is thicker and it is harder to hear. You must remember.

One way for us to remember what God tells us on our mountain tops is to write it down. Another is to tell others what God did for us or spoke to us. Many reading this may not understand what I mean by being baptized with the Holy Spirit. I don't fully understand it myself, but I know that God has given me a very precious gift and I refuse to allow Satan to bluff me into believing that I didn't really receive it, therefore I'm telling others. I'm not going to forget what God did for me on top of the mountain. My mom used to say to me when I was younger "Never forget in the darkness (valley) what God reveals to you in the light (mountain top)."

I'm not gonna forget, mom! I love you all and am praying for every one of you. Even those I don't know! Praise be to God!

2 comments:

Laughing Momma said...

The Lord is so great!!! Praise Him on the Mountain Top and Call to Him from the Valley. I pray that you will experience His Resurrection this week...He is Risen.

April

Anonymous said...

i LOVE YOU BABE!! YOU ARE AMAZING mOM