Monday, March 31, 2008

Big Weekend

This weekend was great! Friday night I painted one wall in my living room and one wall in my kitchen, Bear got to spend the night with a friend, and a friend of mine came over and we put crazy colors in our hair. Hers is red and mine is blue.=) (just a small stripe at the front, not all over)
Then Saturday morning Bobo, Bear and I went downtown with Bear's friend and mom to participate in a sidewalk chalk drawing contest. The boys had lots of fun and while they didn't place, they did get participation certificates and it really sparked something in Bobo. He has already been practicing for next year. It has been my prayer for awhile that God would grant me discernment in the gifts and talents that He has given my children so I can encourage them in His purpose and plans for them. RC and I have known for a long time that Bobo is very drawn to and good at art, creative writing, and music. I was thrilled for this to encourage him in that.




During the coloring process. The after pic doesn't show my blue at all so I'm gonna have RC take another one.
Saturday night some friends from Life Group came over and treated us to pizza. It was great conversation and truly a blessing to get to know them better.
Then Sunday my parents and Nana drove down to hear us at church. It was a blast and GOD SHOWED UP!!! I loved having my parents there. My parents were very present and participatory in my life growing up and it felt great having them there. My mom has always been my biggest fan (outside of Jesus - everyone's biggest fan) and knew way before I did that God created me to sing for Him. I still get that excited feeling in my stomach when I think about our offering to the Lord! God chose to show up way before we played/sang and it was such a blessing to feel His pleasure.
I must add an aside here: While I LOVE singing for the LORD and leading people to Jesus through worship, I am finding that right now in my life I am experiencing God's blessing and pleasure more through doing the little day to day things that He asks me to do. When I am consistantly obedient in the seemingly small things then I get to experience God on a much grander scale in the seemingly big things. I say seemingly bc usually the things we consider small are only small to us bc nobody sees us do them. But usually they are the things that ultimately have the biggest impact. Serving my family through housework and homeschooling can seem small bc very few people see what I do or recognize the sacrifice involved, but these things are going to be the biggest contribution I make to the cause of Christ. Living my life day in and day out full out for God along side my husband and in front of my children is going to be my legacy.
Back to my weekend...We went to Fred's Fish and Steak for lunch with RC's brother-in-law and then took our Sunday naps. We went to the park after dinner with some more friends and the kids had a great time playing. RC and his friend got to talk business (music) and me and my friend got to talk about what ever we wanted to. =)
All around a great weekend! Hope your's was too!

1 comment:

Tobias Valdez said...

Hey, just thought I'd say that we had a great time with you guys too!!