Monday, March 10, 2008

Battle Cry

This weekend is our church's women's retreat. I am very excited! I'm not sure how many years they have been doing this, but this is obviously my first. The women who are going have been encouraged to fast breakfast and lunch today through Wednesday and for these three days anyone who can is meeting at the church from 12 to 1 to pray. Today's prayer time was wonderful. One of the women asked God what a retreat was and God told her it was like when you are in battle and you retreat. It is a time to gather other reinforcements, to get more supplies, to sharpen your weapons, to heal wounds, and to regroup and strategize. Isn't that wonderful!!!

We are at war, folks! Acting like we aren't doesn't mean we aren't. When we choose to not fight we are handing the enemy OUR victory. The victory is ours! Christ won it for us! Let's take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of us!(Philippians 3:12) We NEVER fight in vain!!!

We MUST remember, although, that we are NOT fighting flesh and blood, but the evil rulers of darkness! Fighting among ourselves is another way we HAND the enemy OUR victory!

I believe we are living in an unbelieving generation here in America, but I believe God is making us aware of our unbelief and desires to raise up a generation of believing warriors! We can't believe God if we don't know what He has said. We must read the Word and part of the battle is being DOERS of the Word and not hearers only(James 1:22).

Honestly, I'm more of the fleeing type, myself. However...I have decided to BELIEVE GOD. He has told us "Take heart! I have overcome the world!" (John 16:33) He has won the victory for us and I don't want to miss the adventure so I'm joining the battle! If you haven't joined the battle yet, won't you come with me?

1 comment:

Laughing Momma said...

How exciting to be able to go and be refreshed with other women. I am praying for your fast this week as it prepares you for the battle that is ahead. I pray that you will be well prepared for what the Lord has for you and that Satan will be busy elsewhere and not meddle in your home prior to you leaving. I know that often kids can be sick, cars can break down and other havoc can fall on youor shoulders right before such a time.
Have a great week and and even better weekend. Can't wait to hear all about it.

April