Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Big News!

Ok...So I have some really big news! My daughter has potty trained herself! She spent all day today in her big girl panties except for nap time and bed time! Frankly, I was hesitant to start the process b/c I happen to like the freedom that comes with diapers. It isn't fun to have to stop everything in the middle of Walmart to run to the bathroom. Or miss out on conversations b/c you must sit in the bathroom with a 2yr old for thirty minutes. But, she kept wanting to go on the big potty and was always aware of when she was going or needed to go so I decided to try it. She has done great and loves not having a diaper on! I'm hoping that things continue to go as well as they have these last few days. We shall see.

On another note (and this part is even about music)=)...RC and I were asked to sing in church again this coming Sunday. We were asked about 4 weeks ago so we had good time to prepare. We felt God leading us to ask some other musicians to join with us and thankfully they said yes. We have been practicing this week and man it sounds good!!! It is so much fun to share this with other people and it got me to thinking...

There is a comercial on TV for a car and the tag line is: "Life is better lived together." I happen to completely agree. Yes, it's also harder sometimes, maddening sometimes, painful sometimes, but ultimately it is so much better when it is lived together. This is one of the fundamental reasons Christ calls us His Body and tells us to do this thing together. I just want to encourage everyone who reads this to make the effort to build relationships. To put yourself out there and chance all the bad that MIGHT come so that you don't miss the good that is SURE to come. Like someone famous said (I'm not sure who) "When you don't try you fail 100% of the time." (I'm not sure they said it quite like that, but you get the point.)

People are the most precious thing on this earth to God. When we allow God's love to fill us they become the most precious thing to us as well. Let's see each other as God sees us.

Ok, I thought that was gonna be a great place to end, but I feel like I should add this last part. Tonight at Life Group our pastor reminded us that it is never about us and someone else or us and our circumstances...it is ALWAYS about us and God. It is about us focusing on Him and doing what He says despite the people or circumstances. This really is a much broader subject and I don't have the knowledge or understanding to go into it, but I felt like someone reading this needed to hear it. It is very possible that someone was me.=)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey precious sister of mine, I just wanted to let you know how blessed I am by you. Such incredible things the Lord is teaching you and you are being such a servant by sharing your thoughtful nuggets daily. I look forward to reading your blogs every time I get the update you have a new one. I love you lots! AJ