Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Shootin' straight

So the truth is...I'm in a pit. For those of you who are Beth Moore fans you already understand. For those of you who are not, let me explain.

I am stuck.

Sometimes people are in a pit that only involves one area of their life. Sometimes the pit involves every area of their life. But the common factor for any pit (and a very easy way to know if you're in one) is that you are not living a victorious/obedient/joyful/powerful life that relishes the fellowship you have with the Creator of the universe.

and here's why I'm telling you all this:
1. I try to be as transparent as possible on this here blog
2. accountability

I am not despairing, however, because I know whom I believe. And He has given me the answer to getting out of the pit. I cry out to Him. I acknowledge my inability and depend on His ability. My God is faithfull and He will do it. And then...I obey.

I will not let this lesson go unlearned. You see, God freed me from the pit earlier this year. And while this pit doesn't feel as deep as that one did, I know it would not take long for it to end up even deeper. I'm not really sure how I got into that first pit. It doesn't really matter, but I know exactly how I got into this one. I walked. And I know every step I took.

It started with my time in The Word getting less and less until now, when I've gone days without being in The Word.

Some of you might not believe that my being stuck has anything to do with my not spending time in The Word. We all have a right to our opinions, but here's what I KNOW:

I spent the last month hardly in The Word and I am not pleased with who I am right now. I spent the previous nine months in The Word almost every day and my life was very different. Not perfect. And not always victorious. But if you've ever experienced what I am talking about then you know...it's just not the same.

Some of you are probably thinking "Well, she should have just listened to herself because being in The Word was all she used to talk about."

Yes, I agree. Funny how that happens. (but not really)

2 comments:

Tobias Valdez said...

Okay...is this a "to be continued" post, cause it seems like there should be more to this story. I can honestly say that I'm in a pit of my own right now and have been for a while. So maybe we should all be praying for each other. I think I read that in a book somewhere. ; ^ )

Laughing Momma said...

Don't even get me started on Pits!!! I did that study last fall and in a word...I hated it!!! Really, it was one of the hardest books I have ever read. I started off just reading it with a friend...who was in a Pit. So I was just there for support. That was fine and good for the first chapter...but then when she stared in on being thrown in, slipping in, and then finally JUMPING in...I was a mess!!!

I am totally there with the Word issue. WHY WHY? I obviously function so much better when I have been washed in the Word...but yet I still find time for everything else.

I will pray for you my dear Sister. I have been there, I have been a captive and I have been free. Freedom is so much better.

From one straight shooter to another: Remember that the mountains are much grander after a trip through the valley. Let's go climb a mountain, I need a better view.

April