Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tweet Tweet

No, this post isn't about birds. Though, I do have a bird story.

We have birds in our attic.

I guess I really just have a bird sentence. =)

Sorry.


I have started following more blogs lately. By following, I mean that at least once a day I check these blogs to see if they have any new posts. A few of these blogs are apparently very popular and are visited by many people (thousands) daily.

They are listed in my Favorite Web Stops.

Through these blogs I have become aware of something very interesting. It's called Twitter. Maybe you have heard of it. Maybe you are a member. Or, like me, maybe you are completely clueless.

Twitter (from what I can grasp) is akin to a blog in that you have a web address. But the difference is that it is short, sentence long updates more akin to text messaging. And you can have it sent to your phone, email, or blog.

I don't feel like I'm being very clear. (could be that I have no clue what I'm talking about) Here's an example:

I have a Twitter account. (I don't really. This is hypothetical) I'm fixing peanut butter sandwiches for my kids for lunch. (I'm not really. This is hypothetical) I think that all you wonderful people out there are desperately interested in the minute details of my life. (you're not really. This is hypothetical) (ok. is that getting annoying yet?) (sorry=))

So anywho...I send out a Twitter saying: "I'm fixing peanut butter sandwiches for the kids for lunch today."

And you get a text message, or an email, or any other thing I can send it to so that you can know what I am doing throughout my day.

Now that I think about it, really only people with very interesting lives should Twitter. But somehow I'm intrigued. and kinda want to try it. I haven't yet, but I'm thinking about it.

Do any of you Twitter? What are your thoughts? Or have I just completely confused those of you who are clueless to the web world like me?

If you have time, and a desire to, check out the link and tell me what you think.

(and I'm a poet and didn't even know it) =)

3 comments:

Juli said...

Oh, my, what will they think of next?! My life is entirely too boring, unless one wants alerts of "changing poopy diaper", "explaining that one must not climb to the top of the refrigerator to jump off", "trying to disguise chicken as candy so HRH will eat it" and things of that ilk.

Found you via Neile :) Nice to "meet" you :)

Andrea Jane said...

I would love for you to twitter (I think that was the term you used) b/c that means I get lots of texts from you...you should probably pray about it-then go for the gold!

Laughing Momma said...

I have been checking out twitter as well...I really want all my family in CA to join so that we can keep up with the ends and outs of each day. If you do, I will. I am already set up but haven't taken the plunge with my first twitt.