Friday, July 4, 2008

What was I thinking?

So, if you read the previous post and then the comments attached to the Baseball Correction post you will learn that my friend April invited, nay dared me, to post a picture of myself in a swimsuit. I took the challenge. But part of the deal was April posting a picture of herself in a swimsuit too. (And, anyone else with a blog is more than welcome to take the dare also, just leave a comment with your blog address so we all can check it out!=))

Unfortunately, I totally chickened out. My problem wasn't so much with posting, it was with asking someone to take the picture. Seriously, the reason I can't post one is because I couldn't work up the guts to have someone take one in the first place.

This is as close as I got. Thankfully, I checked April's post before I wrote this one and she totally chickened out too. So...we're gonna try again, because we are nothing if not gluttons for punishment. Kidding. Kind of. Mom and Princess.
Bobo making waves. No, I didn't forget to rotate it. This is exactly how I took it.
I could seriously just eat him up. Yummy.
My Sea Princess.
We bought the movie The Little Mermaid yesterday and watched it for the first time this morning. They loved it and Princess likes her swimsuit even more now. And the matching goggles.
We swam all afternoon. Had friends come over for dinner and more swimming. Then had more friends join us for desert and fireworks. RC got a gift certificate for some firecrackers so we went out to the outskirts of town and shot them off. It was great because we could see all the other fireworks going off around town. We all had a blast and a really great 4th of July!
God, bless the USA!

2 comments:

Laughing Momma said...

Hilarious!!!

I totally get the pic taking issue. Yesterday, my kids were like, "Mom, why is Dad taking so many pics of you?" Finally I was like..."BECAUSE I AM THE OFFICIAL FAMILY PICTURE TAKER. WHICH BY DEFAULT MEANS THAT I AM NOT IN ANY PICS." (and yes it is in CAPS because I was yelling!!!"

I think I fixed the comment thing...I was fooling around with the whole "blogger in draft" options and obviously all the kinks are not worked out yet. Now a pop up window appears to enter the comments.

Game on Girl...today is the day!!!

April

Laughing Momma said...

i see you on my page....are you checking up on me????