Thursday, April 24, 2008

Quirkiness

I got the idea for this post from my blog friend April. Check out her post at Always Laughing out Loud and make sure to read the post right before it also. Good stuff.

Anywho...we all have those things that make us, us. Those things that probably only those who really know and love us know about. So, in an effort to help us all get to know each other better here are some of RC's and my quirks.

I would rather make my own food. No one quite knows the right ratio of cereal to milk, or peanut butter to bread, etc. While my husband thinks everything tastes better when someone else fixes it for him.

When I'm done with my gum I swallow it. RC keeps the wrapper in his pocket and rewraps it.

I sleep with my Bible next to my heart while tucked under my body pillow.

I like to step out of the shower to dry off. RC stays in the shower to dry off. Neither of us understand the other on this one.

RC never starts a meal without a napkin. I don't worry about a napkin till I need one. Or until RC brings me one.

After I have gone to bed for the night, if at any time I must get out of bed I also must go to the bathroom before getting back into bed. Even if I had just gotten out of bed 2 minutes earlier.

The list could go on. And on. And on. And no I didn't list the really crazy ones. I want you all to still like me.=) So, please share some of those things that make you, you and we can all laugh at/with each other.

3 comments:

Becca said...

LOL I LOVED reading this!! It put a smile on my face~! Hilarious~
I'll share just a few of mine, and keep the others ones to myself! :)
On clean sheet day, I have to have my sheets tucked in a certain way, otherwise I'll take them all off and start again!
I drink chocolate milk every morning. It's my coffee!
I set my alarm clock for 6:01am, or 7:16am...never directly on the hour or minute!
I enjoy eating with a salad fork (for my whole meal...I call it a little fork!) instead of a dinner fork (the bigger one). Don't ask why b/c I have no clue, but I just like it better!
Have a laugh & be blessed!

Anonymous said...

I dry off half in the shower and half out of the shower?? Does that make sense

I am totally with you on the food thing becuase I HAVE to make my own food! There has to be JUST enough ice in my glass, etc etc.

Unlike becca...I have to use a BIG fork and the BIG spoon.

I don't like Soda out of a can unless it is Sunkist or Mountatin Dew. It has to be ice cold (in a glass (once again...the ice ratio is important).

My steak has to be perfectly medium. Not red, not brown, but perfectly pink.

I can't stand when people cough. It makes me want to slap them. Isn't that weird!!

I think time goes faster after the 30. Like 1:00 to 1:30 is ACTUALLY longer than 1:30 to 2:00. It is...I promise!!!

I seriously could go on and on. =)

Laughing Momma said...

Hilarious post...I totally get the cereal and peanut butter thing...never really thought about it though. I love that you swallow your gum...what does your mother think about that?

April