Thursday, April 10, 2008

Warrior Within

My husband posted on Beyond Sundays so make sure and check it out!

Things are getting serious. God is ready to move in a mighty way and He is looking for followers who are willing to give it all.

The beginning of this week was very intense for me. On Sunday morning we had a guest speaker in our church who has the gift of healing. But, last year God told him to give his gift away. So since then he has been imparting the gift of healing to others and then letting them actually do the healing. Honestly, this was my first experience with anything like this. And it was nothing like what I had seen on tv. There was no loud yelling, running all over the stage, waving a hanky, sweat dripping all over, and people either fainting or being pushed over. It was very calm, normal, and at times a little boring. Praise God! Not once did Paul Costa (guest speaker) heal someone. His purpose was to give his gift away and that is what he did. We saw some wonderful things (God healed many people) and the thing I liked the most was that at the end of Tuesday night (last night of his visit) Paul imparted the gift of healing to everyone there that wanted it. The character of Jesus that I understand wouldn't want it any other way. It isn't God's design for only a select few to do wonderful things for Him. God gives everyone who believes the Holy Spirit and expects them all to do the miraclulous. So why don't we?

I am completely convinced that there is a spirit of unbelief in the church in America. We have fallen prey to this spirit mostly because we don't know God well enough to believe Him. How sad. God has given us everything we need to know and believe Him. HIS WORD. Yet so very few of us use it. I don't trust people I don't know so what makes me think I will trust God without knowing Him? WE HAVE TO KNOW OUR GOD!!!!!!! Paul the apostle says in 2 Timothy 1:12 "That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, BECAUSE I KNOW WHOM I HAVE BELIEVED, and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him for that day. Do you know our God? NOT: Do you know about our God?

Also, I believe we have fallen prey to the spirit of unbelief because we have gotten fat and lazy. Frankly, we never exercise our faith. James 2:17 says "In the same way, faith by itself , if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." What action must accompany faith so that it is alive? The same kind of action that Jesus took. Trusting God with our lives even when it isn't comfortable or easy. Putting ourselves out there to share the gospel. Healing the sick and clothing the poor. But, honestly, how many of us really exercise our faith? How many of us only exercise our faith when we have nothing else and then find that it is so very weak due to the lack of exercise.

WAKE UP CHURCH!!! (and I mean this for myself more than anyone else) Let's not miss it!

On Tuesday Satan launched an assault on my faith. Monday night at the church Paul imparted to me and Bobo the gift of healing. Satan wasted no time in attacking. And I can't say I was that prepared. After telling RC how I felt and crying alot, I read Jude and 2 Timothy 1. Jude verse 3 begs us to fight for our faith. The message paraphrase says to fight with everything we have in us for our faith. If it is the thing that we cannot please God without then it is the thing Satan most wants to take from us. And unfortunately, in most churches he has succeeded. In most christians he has succeeded.

NO MORE!!! We are more than conquerors in Christ (Romans 8:37) and we need to start acting like it! Let's take up our swords (the Word of God) and let's fight!!! Even if it's to the death, because our God has conquered the grave and death has lost it's sting! I am begging you (and myself) let's fight with everything we have for our faith! Let's let God rise up the warrior within us and let's do this! For the One who gave it all for us!

1 comment: