Wednesday, June 25, 2008

And the winner is...

I know. It's not officially time for the contest to be over.

But seeing as how I've already made up my mind I'm calling the contest.

Plus, I'm one of those people who has to buy presents last minutes for the simple fact that I can never wait to give them to the person. Case and point: this year for Father's Day the kids and I bought RC an ipod nano. I didn't buy it till Friday thinking "I can surely make it from Friday to Sunday."

Nope.

We gave it to him Friday evening when he got home from work.

So you see, I just can't help myself.

Back to the contest. There were three entries. Though, technically, I'm not sure if Tobias' counts. You know, Toby, you didn't really come up with anything new.;-)

However, please check out the entries in the comments of the previous post. They were all great and from exactly who I expected them from. Seriously, my husband could have gone on for days with ideas. God has just gifted him like that. And AM, I don't know how you do it! I am continually amazed by your creativity.

And I'm serious about that book thing. Get on that, girl!

OK. Drum roll, please...

The winner is...



TOBIAS!!!!!


Congrats, Toby!

My new title is Babione 6 and the tag line is a family of sidekicks for the One True Superhero.

Now, let me explain. First, the practical reason. My blog address is babione6.blogspot.com and my email is babione6@cableone.net. A different blogger than the one I mentioned in the previous post has also recently given some blogging advice and she mentioned that it is smart to keep everything similar. This way it is easy for people to keep things straight. I have actually been thinking about this for a little while now and so after reading her advice I felt convinced.

I know it's not that catchy or creative, but the other option is to keep everything different or to start a completely different blog. I really don't want to do either. Plus, my purpose for this blog is to connect with family and friends, make some new friends along the way, and most importantly to be as transparent as possible so people can see Jesus. He is, after all, the most important thing. I'm not necessarily trying to speak to a large audience so I don't really feel I need something greatly catchy or creative.

Secondly, I agree with Toby. I came up with the sidekick tag line myself (thank-you-very-much) when I took the picture of the kids in their costumes. And I, too, think it's cool. But more than that I believe that God is the star of the show. I'm not the star in my own story. This is HIS STORY and He has graciously given me a part in it. My part is to fight the good fight with the help of the Holy Spirit. And to teach my children how to fight it.

As my husband said here:
Day in and day out I have to war for my faith. The enemy so does not want me doing anything remotely serious or real with God, so he attacks every day. If I'm not ready every day, then how can I expect to live victoriously? I can't.

I agree. So I fight the good fight.
1 Timothy 1:18
Timothy, my son, I give you this instruction in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by following them you may fight the good fight...

1 Timothy 6:11-12
But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

Well, there you have it, folks. I have been praying during this contest and asking God if I should even continue my blog. He has answered by giving me a renewed focus and purpose for it. Thanks for participating and I'm sorry to anyone who wanted to enter but didn't get the chance.

I plan on having the new look by tomorrow.

Bridget

5 comments:

Laughing Momma said...

Can I just say that I am so bummed that you called it already!!! I have been spending countless hours thinking about your blog but I just couldnt get past how much I LOVED the sidkicks line!!! Really, I have always loved it and I am SO EXCITED that you are keeping it....technically though, I guess you should get the prize!

Anyway, I have been busy in the 3rd phase of remodeling and thinking how great it would be if you could come over and paint with me while the boys played superheros in the woods and the girls played dressup in Micahs room.

I guess I should clarify that the "woods" are just right next door on our wooded lots.

Anyway...have a great one.

April

Anonymous said...

My sister in law has a blog on blog spot. She set it up where it automatically updates a list of people when she posts. Wonder if you can do the same??

Cola said...

BOOOO! Rigged!! The whole thing was rigged!

(really, i just wanted the prize)

Cola said...

OK. Now that I've had time to "simmer down" and "think a little more clearly", I do believe that I am indeed the winner. For you see, dear wife, was it not I who gave you the idea for the Babione 6 way back in the first place? Is that not why your blogspot is Babione 6? And your email? Therefore, I declare me the winner, and all the world should celebrate with a parade fitting my grandiose status. (Yes, that is the correct spelling of grandiose. I looked it up.)

(Now, if indeed you came up the whole Babione 6, then I shall digress into the sunset.)

Tobias Valdez said...

Well, Cola its a good thing you didn't say, "I will diminish and go into the West," cause that would fit you about as much as calling yourself the winner. Just plain ole' jealousy...as old as Cain and Abel.

I agree with lol, you should be the winner, you came up with the name earlier, I just 2nd the motion. But alas, it is your blog you do what you wish, oh Wise One and we will follow with comments.