Monday, June 30, 2008

Can I just say...

we had SO MUCH FUN!!!

But before I get into that I need to recap a little baseball. Bobo's team won Saturday in extra innings, so they play for the championship tonight!!! And Bear's team also won on Saturday in extra innings so they play their second playoff game tonight!

Woo-Hoo!!!

Now, back to Ikea. Can I also just say that God is so good!!! Not only does he desire for us to live in fellowship with Him, but He also desires for us to live in fellowship with others. And He gives us opportunities to do just that. Here we are loading up to leave. Can you tell that I'm excited? To my screen right is Diane (green shirt) and to my screen left is Jenni (pink shirt). Diane has 5 kids. Four boys and a girl. Her oldest is 17 and just graduated highschool and her youngest, the girl, is almost 4. Jenni has three boys. Her oldest is 7 and her youngest just turned 1. And the husbands were in charge all weekend!
This picture is actually of us on the second day. We went straight to Ikea Saturday, shopped for 5 hours, ate dinner at Red Lobster, and then on our way to our hotel saw a Joanne's fabric. Of course we had to stop. When we went in we found out that they were having a 1/2 off sale the next day. We scoped things out and then called it a day.
So, Sunday we slept in (for mom's that's like 7:30) and then started again. We ran to Old Navy, Ross, and TJ Max. Then we headed to Joanne. All of us bought new fabric and trim for our living rooms. It was so fun having girlfriends there to bounce ideas off of. Then we headed BACK to Ikea. I wanted a dining table ($70) and Jenni (center one in pic) wanted a patio dining table that we had seen on Saturday, prayed about Saturday night, and felt OK to buy on Sunday.
Well...my dining table was out of stock. =( Though I really had a peace about buying it AND had the money too (I traveled with cash) it wasn't meant to be. While I was dissapointed at first, in reality, it is just a dining table. God was so so so good to us and not getting a dining table absolutely could not ruin that.
Our stash! We each bought a plant and similar pot. They are our Ikea plants to remind us of our trip together. (You do crazy things when you're with friends in a big city, like buy matching plants) ;-)
We laughed the whole time! It was so good. Now we're home and so happy to be.
And, yes, my coffee table is already put together!=)
Bridget

1 comment:

Laughing Momma said...

I am working through some jealousy issues right now. IKEA and a Girls weekend away...at the same time...I can hardly contain myself.

Oh, and SUPER cute hair cut. I love it.

Have a great week!

April