Monday, June 2, 2008

Baseball pt.4 & 5

So I have some catching up to do.

Saturday both boys had games. Bobo's was first at 9:00am. They got wallopped. I think the final score was 21 - 4. So many errors. We practically gave the other team those points. Not only did we walk SEVERAL we also kept overthrowing the bases so eveyone got further than they are supposed to. Bobo was 1 for 2 on the morning. He struck out and got a hit which landed him at first. He stole second, and over-ran third and was picked off. I tell you all this, not because it is important (this is 9-10 year old baseball, not the majors) but, for two reasons:

1. Many family members read this blog and like to know the details.

2. My son showed great character during and after the game. He never gave up. He never got a bad attitude. And He learned from his mistakes. I am so proud.

Bear's game was at 1:00 pm. In the heat of the day. We have to pay $1 per adult to get into the games. RC has a coaches pass which allows him to get in free, so since it was in the middle of Princess's nap I stayed home with the other's and RC took him. Since I wasn't there I am having to rely on RC's recollection of the game and frankly, it stinks. He can't remember anything.

Including whether he took his socks off.

Don't ask.

He thinks Bear got a hit every at bat and maybe even scored once. Bear's team won 10 - 0. That's three wins in a row. Pretty exciting. They are apparently a good little team. And I must say, their coaches are really good. They are great with the kids and know how to teach them the game. It's fun to watch the coaches get excited.

Bobo had his second game tonight. Much more fun. They won 11 - 4. Bobo struck out the first time, walked the second time, but was picked off trying to steal second, and walked the third time and scored. We got a new boy on the team today. He is really good. RC wasn't sure about him because he was new and he hadn't seen him practice yet, but when our pitcher got too tired to go on RC let the new boy pitch. WOW. He struck out three in a row in the third. He throws fast and straight. The fourth started with a walk, but he struck out the next three. Everyone in the stands from our team was like, "I'm sooooo glad he's on our team." He's also a really good hitter, runner, and fielder. And, even better, he seems really sweet.

Bobo was very excited tonight. And I'm really happy for him and RC.

P.S. I'm not up for downloading pics tonight so I'll post them later. And Bear's next game is tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

Cola said...

um, ask me about the game right after the game. my recollection is much better immediately following the game and not two days later after one of my own. plus, you had the score of bobo's game wrong until i corrected you. i'm just sayin'. and knew i didn't have my socks on you crazy person! for those of you wondering, and for those who are not, i have a very dark tan line around my ankles. my feet are quite white, therefore giving the appearance of socks! i was simply trying to be silly, make my wife laugh, and maybe even flirt with her a little. she doesn't think i read her blog very often, so she's under the impression she can talk about me without me knowing about it. well, i've got news for her! (er, you, um, her, er, whoever!!)

"and thanks for your support!"