Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Decorating and Desserts

I LOVE TO DECORATE!!!

In the past this has caused me some grief because I wasn't sure of God's view of decorating. And I wasn't sure of my own motivation.

Well, not only has God shown me that He loves beautiful things (just look at His creations) but He reminded me that my desire to decorate and enjoyment of it started way before I ever knew HGTV or TLC existed. As far back as junior high I remember arranging and rearranging my bedroom. I loved planning what to hang where and how to display things on the shelves.

*correction 8-27-08 My Mema has informed me that when I was as small as 3yrs I would move my nursery furniture around and at Christmas I would move the nativity scene around.

Since this is such a joy of mine I have been thinking for awhile about adding the subject of decorating to the blog. This will be the first such post.

I just made two new, completely original pillows today. Walmart had green, beige, and orange pillows in pairs for $10.00. There was only one pair of orange left. I couldn't resist. Then I headed to the craft isles. I wasn't sure what I was looking for, I just wanted something to embellish the pillows. I found some small bows in the Martha Stewart scrapbooking stuff. Then I got a bottle of fabric glue and I was done with both pillows in, literally, 30 minutes.
This is not actually the chair they reside in, but the flash on MIL's camera doesn't work so I had to move one of them to in front of a window. My computer chair happened to be closest. The bows are striped in brown, green, blue, orange, and beige. Two colors per bow. I am quite pleased.

Also, lately I have been in a menu rut. I pretty much rotate the same 10 meals. BORING! So tonight I tried a cousin's Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe. It was very good and very easy. So it got me to thinking; maybe some of you wonderful, brilliant, bloggy people have some delicious and EASY recipes you would love to share. Here's the thing: I am serious about the EASY. Like five ingredients or less. With minimal chopping and pealing and stirring and anything else that would require that I actually stay in the kitchen while dinner is cooking.

I don't have a dinner recipe to share tonight, but I do have a dessert. I call it Ding Dong Surprise because. basically. when my kids asked me what it was I didn't want to have to explain. So you first buy a package of Hostess Ding Dongs. Now I recommend getting the real deal. No generic here because if they are stale or the chocolate coating isn't quality is basically can ruin the desert. (I'm just trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about. I've never actually tried the generic so it really might be just fine.) You will also need some chocolate chip ice cream, or your favorite kind, and some Hershey's chocolate syrup.

Put the Ding Dong in a bowl and microwave it for 10-12 seconds. Then put a scoop of ice cream on top and drizzle with syrup. How good does that sound? Well, it tastes even better.



Satisfied customer.

So, thanks for helping a girl out and, seriously, try the Ding Dong thing.

Bridget

2 comments:

Tobias Valdez said...

I'm sure I know of something easy and simple (because if I cook, that's all I do...easy and simple), but right now my mind is blank! But I like the Ding Dong Surprise...we'll have to try that soon!

fivemjs said...

I so want that pillow. How cute!