Friday, August 1, 2008

Way to go, Parents!

On Wednesday, July 30th my parents celebrated 26 yrs of marriage and on July 31st my in-laws celebrated 37 yrs of marriage! Isn't that cool!?! When I call and tell my parents Happy Anniversary they always say it back to me. I was three when they got married and my mom says I thought I was getting married too. All I remember was I loved the flowers I got to wear on my head but every time I bowed my head to pray they fell off. First kiss as husband and wife.
My hot parents. The first time I met my dad (before he was my dad) I told my mom that I liked his hair. Now he is completely bald. So now, mom, I like his head.=)
I like to share this story (and I hope my parents don't mind) because I believe it shows my dad's character. My dad is six years older than my mom and when he was in college he dated my mom's oldest sister who was in high school. They never dated seriously from what I understand, but he still dated her with the kind of character that kept it from being uncomfortable for him to years later date my mom, her younger sister. My mom says that my dad was the only one of Abby's boyfriends (not that Abby had too many) that was nice to her.
My in-laws were high school and college sweethearts. And I could totally get up and go next door to borrow a wedding picture from my mom-in-law to scan and post, but then I would have to rewrite this whole post because blogger is crazy and puts all pictures at the top of the page so If you want to write something first then show the picture you have to post the picture first then write above it. And frankly I didn't think that far ahead. Maybe I'll post one tomorrow.
I am so blessed to have both sets of parents! I love you all!
Bridget


No comments: