Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ewww...

I debated whether or not I should share this story with you all, but since I try to be transparent on this here blog I decided I would.

But first, CFHusband has reached his goal of $3000!!! He will be shaving his head live on his blog Friday night at 8:00pm EST.

Now, back to my story. Which requires a little back story.

First, my husband works at a radio station. He is the Program Director, but he also does his own morning show. It's called the "Me and My RC Show". RC Cola used to have the Me and My RC commercials. Catchy, huh?

Anyway, because of a conversation last night I knew that RC would be coming home early for lunch. Early being 9:30 or 10am.

More back story info you need: My parent's have a cell phone family plan and because they love me they have given me a phone in that plan. This allows me to talk to my mom, dad, and sisters as much as I want for free. It also has free texting. Since the phone that RC and I pay for doesn't have free texting I do all my texting from my 'chickasha' phone.

Well, about six months ago, my 'chickasha' phone starting calling it quits. Certain buttons refused to work. Finally it gave out so I was without a 'chickasha' phone for about a month. Last month my mom found my dad's old phone and charger so she mailed it to me. I put my SIM card in it and have been using it ever since. It is very nice to have my 'chickasha' phone back.

Last week I spent some time going through my dad's old phonebook. I deleted lots of numbers and rearranged others. One thing I didn't do was check the actual numbers to make sure they were up to date.

So this morning when I texted my husband asking him to bring me a coke from the tunnel when he came home for lunch I should have checked his number first.

Yes, I spent a good forty-five minutes this morning having a texting conversation with a total stranger. Mind you, there were some warning flags like the language he used. Nothing major, but not things my husband usually says. And how he seemed to have no clue as to what I was talking about most of the time. So when my husband came home this morning and I asked "where's my coke" and he said "You didn't call and tell me you wanted one" I knew something was wrong.

I told him we had been having a text conversation all morning and he showed me his phone to prove that 'no' WE hadn't.

Ewww...

The text conversation wasn't anything I would be embarrassed to show my pastor, but it was a conversation that I would only have with RC so when I realized I wasn't actually having it with RC I got that sick feeling in my stomach.

Why do people do that? Surely this person knew I didn't mean to text them, but they went along with it anyway. Maybe they thought I was someone they knew. Anyway, I apologized to the texter and asked them not to ever text me again. So far they have respected my wishes.

And, yes, I have already changed RC's number in my 'chickasha' phone.

Lesson learned.

Bridget

3 comments:

Tobias Valdez said...

Its really kind of funny. Brenda did that with my brother once, only it was via e-mail, then when she finally asked my about the conversation I had her check her e-mail and he had asked her what she was talking about. Luckily she was just chatting about some future plans we were going to make. But we talked about how funny it would've been had she talked about something more personal.

Becca said...

Yeah, what a not-so-great feeling that gives you! I don't understand why people do that. It's like they just "let themselves in" to your life!
Speaking of texting...I read you DON'T have free texting. So does that mean the times I've texted you, you're having to pay for it?? If so, I might owe you some money! lol
Have a wonderful afternoon~

R.C. said...

I would've brought you a coke.